Technical Ducato X290 2015 Auxilliary USB

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato X290 2015 Auxilliary USB

TR5

Hi,
The auxilliary USB in the centre lower dashboard, where you can plug in a mobile phone, use for media, charge it, act as hands free through the media centre, has stopped working. There is no power output to charge, and doesn't appear to connect the phone to the media centre.

Any ideas what to look for?
Does anyone know how the small panel holding the USB and Aux socket comes out, does it just 'pop' into the surround, or is it otherwise held in?

Thanks for any help...

I put a couple of switches in the little panel on my last van (it came without the factory radio, etc. so was a blank) and as far as I remember, it was a simple click fit.

I'm not sure you will find it quite as straightforward where the connections are present, BUT, (assuming you have the cupholder version of the lower dash), the whole dash panel is not difficult to remove, and that will give you full access to the rear and the connection unit.

It is simply the removal of three screws, and a bit of a pull to remove the panel (the retaining lugs are robust, so the risk of damaging them is low).

The youtube link contained here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/ducato/461437-x290-pollen-filter-change.html

...shows the method of removal (as a preliminary to a pollen filter change), and ignore my negative comments, they are all about what then follows if you want to change the filter - the removal/replacement of that panel is relatively easy.

Back