Technical Ducato motor home fuel leak

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato motor home fuel leak

Dougie212

Hi there,

I have a 2019 Fiat based motor home. I Noticed fluid leaking in the engine bay and upon taking the plastic engine cover off have discovered a mouse has attacked a fuel line ( I think it may be the fuel injector return pipe??? but am just guessing ).
Could anyone point me in the right direction of where to get one please, and also how I go about taking it out of the connector pictured underneath the van. I’ve hopefully enclosed a few pics.
Thankyou very much in advance for your help
Dougie 6D18F824-5BC3-4F03-975F-02AF3BB473E2.jpeg64C55B84-4599-485B-A34F-6C717F2CD7D5.jpeg63047325-E634-4F9C-8C30-12B974DA8E9E.jpeg32A9BA0F-5E1D-41E6-AE12-32E028280568.jpeg

The fuel return on a diesel is call a leak off pipe for some reason. The feed pipes are all the metal high pressure pipes.

Usually the return is just a push fit as there should be no real pressure, some have clips, looks like yours dont.
Pull a bit of hose off and find some with same diameters.

Coastal Motorhomes stock replacements (though do double-check compatibility):

Using the part number, you could search for alternative suppliers, e.g.:

The connector looks similar to that for the fuel filter, for which you slide the yellow collar as far as it will easily go, press the white detents now revealed (on both sides), and pull the pipe off.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Awesome, Thankyou!! I know it’s probably a daft question but is it possible to buy a length of braided hose that’s fuel graded and cut to fit lengths??

Awesome, Thankyou!! I know it’s probably a daft question but is it possible to buy a length of braided hose that’s fuel graded and cut to fit lengths??
Did you swap these out? Just went under my Ducato and saw the return going into those clip type connectors and it was very leaky there (thought it was only up at the injectors but now not so sure anynmore) Wondering how / what the best way of pulling off the old return line and push new one on.

Back