Technical Ducato fault codes

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato fault codes

mdb188

I recently bought a 2007 2.2 (Ford engine... I know, sorry) ducato, the engine management light was on and the fault codes related to the egr and glow plugs. I've been waiting for some better weather to tackle this but now I seem to have more issues. Went to work in the van the other day and it was fine, drove it home and it didn't feel quite right, not as much low down poke as it normally has and sounded a tiny bit like it's having to work harder. I plugged it in and get the codes hopefully in the included pic. I removed the egr valve today and found it was seized, I freed it off and it's now nice and free but after refitting, all the faults are still there and won't clear. I don't mind buying a new egr valve if this one is knackered but wanted to get opinions on the egr control fault. Also the pilot learn fault is new and I'm guessing this is responsible for the poorer running but what would have caused this fault and more importantly, how do i fix it? I've tried performing pilot learn with multiecuscan but it says something like the procedure could not be executed. Any help, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. I do like this van and I'm trying to look past the Ford bit.. Although it's not making it easy

Attachments

• IMG_20230222_093104.jpg
    IMG_20230222_093104.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 350
I recently bought a 2007 2.2 (Ford engine... I know, sorry) ducato, the engine management light was on and the fault codes related to the egr and glow plugs. I've been waiting for some better weather to tackle this but now I seem to have more issues. Went to work in the van the other day and it was fine, drove it home and it didn't feel quite right, not as much low down poke as it normally has and sounded a tiny bit like it's having to work harder. I plugged it in and get the codes hopefully in the included pic. I removed the egr valve today and found it was seized, I freed it off and it's now nice and free but after refitting, all the faults are still there and won't clear. I don't mind buying a new egr valve if this one is knackered but wanted to get opinions on the egr control fault. Also the pilot learn fault is new and I'm guessing this is responsible for the poorer running but what would have caused this fault and more importantly, how do i fix it? I've tried performing pilot learn with multiecuscan but it says something like the procedure could not be executed. Any help, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated. I do like this van and I'm trying to look past the Ford bit.. Although it's not making it easy
uhmm looks like we don,t get many answers on engine codes..

uhmm looks like we don,t get many answers on engine codes..
I think those that typicaly answer here generaly know the vehicles that they talk about and may not reply to something they dont have a scooby about. There are quite a number of obd2 libraries on the net. i have a spreadsheet with 5 sources added that dont always comply with each other. Where approprite it may be possible to say 5 codes all related to signal may not be egr related but purely connector or conductor routing eg chaffing or motor related or even signal related because egr is stuck and cant return correct value. Please note this may even be a vacuum opperated egr, i dont know the engine.

Back