Technical Ducato 250 2.3 150 DPF swap

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 250 2.3 150 DPF swap

rucato

Hello,

I am new here and have an issue with my 2019 Ducat EURO 6temp without Adblue.
It is a Ducato chassis with Humbaur Flexbox on it.

The diesel particle filter is full. I need to replace it.
A new DPF is already there.

I have tried to remove the old DPF, but it looks like I need to remove the engine to be able to remove the DPF.
Does anyone of you have experience on this and can give some instructions?

If its the twin egr model you should be able to change dpf without removing engine. You will need to remove the suspension sub frame.
rear.jpg

There is no need to remove the engine. The DPF can be removed from below with the sub frame removed. I had a recall on my 2017 2.3 150 to replace the EGR pipe and that is how the Fiat Professional garage did it , up on a lift. The linked video shows the DPF being removed at 0.38

Last edited:
Great. Thank you.

I am already preparing to remove the suspention sub frame.
I did not see, that the engine will stay at its place when the suspention sub frame is removed.
Now I am struggling with the bolts. The single bolt, left and right, will not come loose. All other bolts are easliy removed. I almost called Fiat to congratulate them to all bolts coming loose without any issue.
The car is 2019 and has 235000km.

There is no need to remove the engine. The DPF can be removed from below with the sub frame removed. I had a recall on my 2017 2.3 150 to replace the EGR pipe and that is how the Fiat Professional garage did it , up on a lift. The linked video shows the DPF being removed at 0.38

I have already this new EGR pipe. So I am safe here.

Feadback:
The DPF is swapped. It took me 3 days, because I did not know where to start and how to do it.
At the end I think I could make it in two days.
It was not easy doing it by just lifting the car 20cm on a ramp up.
I recommend to use a car lift.

Now I need to fix P2563-22 and P0238-61.

Feadback:
The DPF is swapped. It took me 3 days, because I did not know where to start and how to do it.
At the end I think I could make it in two days.
It was not easy doing it by just lifting the car 20cm on a ramp up.
I recommend to use a car lift.

Now I need to fix P2563-22 and P0238-61.
I have fixed both errors.
The issue was, that some exhaust gases did go through the gasket between turbo charger and DPF. So the sensors read wrong values and this caused the issues.
After I have tighten the clamp on the input of the DPF the errors did not come again.

Back