Ducato 1995 (info required please)

Currently reading:
Ducato 1995 (info required please)

osprey

Helllo im new to this forum so forgive me if im posting in the wrong section....I recently bought a 1995 ducato maxi with a 2.5tdi engine. She was originally a van converted into a camper. There are 140.000 miles on the clock. My problem is she seems to be lacking on power. I can manage to get the van up to 100km but if i meet a hill she lags back to arond 80km. I am going to do a compression test on the engine but am not sure what pressure a good engine should read.... Could some plese tell me what pressure i should be getting when i preform a commpression test. Also if someone has a the same model and engine van as mine, what top speed does yours go at. Im not a speed junkie or anything but would like my own van to be able to mantain 100km for most of my trips.
Also when i rev the engine im getting at times very black smoke/sut comes out of the exaust, which leaves a stain of black on my drive. A friend of mine reckons my turbo may be giving bother, Im not sure as my macanical skills are limited enough...........Thanks for you time and im looking forward to your replies..

Back