Technical Dualogic Parking

Currently reading:
Technical Dualogic Parking

MIV

Hi all,
just joined the forum. Having recently bought a 500 MPW with the Dualogic box, I am trying to find out if the gearbox should " lock " like an auto in Park and a manual in gear when I switch off the engine while the car is in gear? Cannot get a straight answer from the dealership I got the car or from ANY other ones I have phoned. The book says to park in gear which must be suggested for a reason. Driven and owned lots of cars over the last 30 odd years and never known a car solely relying on the handbrake. Any help from any other owners of this model would be great. Need to know if there is a fault with mine as it still rolls when parked in gear.Cheers

Hi all,
just joined the forum. Having recently bought a 500 MPW with the Dualogic box, I am trying to find out if the gearbox should " lock " like an auto in Park and a manual in gear when I switch off the engine while the car is in gear? Cannot get a straight answer from the dealership I got the car or from ANY other ones I have phoned. The book says to park in gear which must be suggested for a reason. Driven and owned lots of cars over the last 30 odd years and never known a car solely relying on the handbrake. Any help from any other owners of this model would be great. Need to know if there is a fault with mine as it still rolls when parked in gear.Cheers
Welcome to the MPW club [emoji23]

I just park my car in neutral and leave the handbrake on. Pretty sure this isn't the way to park but our mpw doesn't roll so its good.

Thanks for you reply.
Could anyone who owns a 500 L or MPW please try sometime to park their car in gear on a slight hill without using the handbrake ? Any info would be brilliant.
Thanks

The dualogic handbook tells you to leave parked in gear reverse. This is why the dashboard warns you if you turn the ignition off in neutral.
I have taken the handbrake off while parked in gear and the car doesn't roll

Thanks for your message. My car doesn't appear to "warn" me or bleep or anything if I were to leave it in neutral.
But the problem is my car rolls when in reverse , even if facing forwards down a slope if the handbrake isn't fully applied. So thanks for letting me know that your car doesn't move.
What year and model do have? The more info I can find the better chance I have of the dealer doing something about it.

oops,my mistake it does bleep and the N flashes if you are about to switch the car off. Which gives more reason why it shouldn't move when parked in gear. Thanks again for your help

Update on Dualogic gearbox. I took the car into the dealer(AGAIN) and was told that you have to park it in gear incase the handbrake fails. This is what I'd been asking for weeks. But surprise surprise when I got the car back Fiat Italy tell me that the car will still roll down a hill if parked in gear if the handbrake isn't fully on!!!!!! Not much use if it's supposed to be parked in gear incase the hand brake fails!!!!!! Oh that's right, their other advice was if you park it on a hill put a block under the wheel...…….just what my wife was looking for in a car.Car companies are investing in car's that drive and park themselves but Fiat what you to carry a block of wood around with you incase your handbrake fails. Even British Leyland cars didn't roll if left in gear.

I've accidentally switch the engine off and forgot to put the handbrake on... it's never rolled back but just rocked slightly... and this being a hill steep enough for the hill holder to kick in when moving off. If worried about it, I'd turn my front wheels into the kerb or away, depending on direction and kerb side.

Back