Technical dual logic box?

Currently reading:
Technical dual logic box?

Ah right. thank you for that.

seems like my 159 then, as its a qtronic which is a six speed auto box and they are very rare.

has anybody on this forum got a dual logic box then?

lol. so you have. didnt notice the sig.

is the dual logic a 5 or 6 speed.

what do you think of it? u happy?

oh and has it got steering paddles ?

They're all six speed on the Bravo. Yes very happy with it, a smooth system in comparison to the one on dad's Panda (probably the fact its not having to change gear every 20sec to get the best power wise from the engine), feels much more refined.

Mine hasn't got the paddles, and was one thing I wanted, but the car was too good to pass with them being the only thing it didn't have, and in hind site I'm not now that bothered. I think they truly are a whim more than a daily use thing. I'm in Auto 95% of the time, and the few time I do manually override it not having steering wheel paddles isn't an issue :)

sounds good then eat.

so is it actually a proper auto box or is it a manual box with auto option like say a dsg vw/audi system.

the box on my alfa 159 is actually a true auto 6 speed with manual changes if you wish. Its actually a japanese made auto box in an italian car

the box on my alfa 159 is actually a true auto 6 speed with manual changes if you wish. Its actually a japanese made auto box in an italian car

In the sense its a slush box?

The Bravo is basically an automated manual gearbox, but most are now for emission reasons.

Its got a single clutch, rather than twin of the DSG and Alfa TCT boxes. :)

lol. indeed its a slush box, but ive got to say its the best auto ive ever driven. Who ever decided to put the japanese aisn box in the 159 deserves a medal.

also in manual mode this auto doesnt change up for you at high revs like most autos , so you can hold it in the powerband. In manual mode it will still downchange for you if you dont.

also in manual mode this auto doesnt change up for you at high revs like most autos , so you can hold it in the powerband. In manual mode it will still downchange for you if you dont.

Same with the Fiat Dualogic boxes that is, you only knock it into manual to have a play, stop at a set of lights and forget its in manual and start bouncing off the limiter when moving off once - never again :p

Back