Technical Driveshaft Boot

Currently reading:
Technical Driveshaft Boot

Ian_Fearn

Does anybody know which size driveshaft boot i'll need for a 1995 2wd Panda? There seems to be a 73mm and 80mm option.

Is it worth buying the kit with the bearing in as well?

Depends on which side you are replacing. Drivers side is 73mm and is held on with a metal flange that bolts to the gearbox. The passenger side is 80mm and is held to the gearbox with a clip.

I always replace the bearing when I change gaiters, the bearing has to be removed to change the boot so it is a false economy not to fit a new one. Plus there is no worry of damaging the bearing when removing either.

You will need a suitable drift to reinstall, I have a custom made tool I would be happy to lend to you Ian.

Thanks a lot Freddy. I might end up doing this after its been to you now.

Am I correct in thinking i'll need about 2.5 litres of gearbox oil? I'm going to get the Tutela fluid from Ricambio.

25p for 3 litres of gearbox oil, driveshaft boots and a complete lockset PLUS £124.75 postage from Ricambio..... ;)

That's completely new to me, if bearing is still OE and dry - do the gaitor only.

The bearings from Ricambio are OE ones in Fiat boxes, I would think the same as you Jacob if only poor quality replacement bearings were available. There is also the fact that once the gaiters are leaking its not always easy to tell if the bearing is leak free or not.

Of course if I know the bearing has been replaced relatively recently I would reuse also.

Back