General Driver side only mirror

Currently reading:
General Driver side only mirror

The cars only came with an interior mirror so all wing or clip on mirrors were aftermarket add ons.

I only have 1 'door-mirror', on the driver's door. I found that when you have the driver's door mirror fitted to best advantage, matching the passenger's door mirror position to the driver's door makes the mirror on the passenger door next to useless.

We have a customers Fiat 500L in the garage at the moment and the owner wants to improve safety whilst his daughter drives the car, The driver's side has a classic Marin Door Mirror fitted (car is right hand drive). We are led to believe they are now difficult to obtain but we found one with a
Marin Mirror 1.jpg
Marin Mirror 2.jpg
Marin Mirror 4.jpg
Alfa Romeo symbol stamped into the chrome housing and very nice to, however, there was not a chance of it working because the angles are all wrong (common problem with door mirrors). Having 3D printers in the garage we quickly printed a plinth that allows the mirror to be fitted and more importantly to actually work and allow vision down the rear n/s.

Attachments

• Marin Mirror 3.jpg
    Marin Mirror 3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 21
Is it normal to just have a driver side mirror on a 69 500L?
We have a customers Fiat 500L in the garage at the moment and the owner wants to improve safety whilst his daughter drives the car, The driver's side has a classic Marin Door Mirror fitted (car is right hand drive). We are led to believe they are now difficult to obtain but we found one with aView attachment 407109View attachment 407110View attachment 407112 Alfa Romeo symbol stamped into the chrome housing and very nice to, however, there was not a chance of it working because the angles are all wrong (common problem with door mirrors). Having 3D printers in the garage we quickly printed a plinth that allows the mirror to be fitted and more importantly to actually work and allow vision down the rear n/s.
When you buy these mirrors as a set,they normally comewith 2 'handed' plinths---one for the o/s and one for the n/s. How did you attach the plinth to the door---they normally come with rubber'plugs' that put into a correctly spaced holes in the door and then the plinth is held by self-taping screws screwed into the rubber plugs. A sounder system is to use "riv-nuts" insteadof the rubber plugs (and threaded screws)

When you buy these mirrors as a set,they normally comewith 2 'handed' plinths---one for the o/s and one for the n/s. How did you attach the plinth to the door---they normally come with rubber'plugs' that put into a correctly spaced holes in the door and then the plinth is held by self-taping screws screwed into the rubber plugs. A sounder system is to use "riv-nuts" insteadof the rubber plugs (and threaded screws)
Just had a look through my "Car Builders Solutions" catalogue---what you are looking for is available from them (part number:--M24)--about £53 inc Vat for a PAIR. The CBS catalogue is free upon request on their web-site and is an absolute gold-mine---wouldn't be without it; even fitted out a canal-boat using it!

Just had a look through my "Car Builders Solutions" catalogue---what you are looking for is available from them (part number:--M24)--about £53 inc Vat for a PAIR. The CBS catalogue is free upon request on their web-site and is an absolute gold-mine---wouldn't be without it; even fitted out a canal-boat using it!
I shall Google car builder’s solutions as they are a really nice simple mirror that I believe is well suited to the 500.
We 3D printed a template so we knew the drilled holes in the door are in the exact position for the nut-serts. Our 3D printers gets us out of a lot of problems and not just car related.

Nothing seems as a nice as the Marini Round 105 series mirror

Attachments

• 399383AC-2C12-48D9-901A-156D03875288.jpeg
    399383AC-2C12-48D9-901A-156D03875288.jpeg
    604.4 KB · Views: 26
Back