Technical Driver side electric window

Currently reading:
Technical Driver side electric window

Olof Larsson

FIAT in my veins
Hi, I´ve got a problem with the electric window on the driver side. My Bravo m-jet 1,9 is equipped with "comfort closing" -function. When I manoeuvre the window upwards in auto mode,it will immediately go down when it reach the fully close end point. I can close it by not activate the auto mode. Does anybody else experienced this problem. I guess the only thing is to get the car to a service dealer.However,it´s interesting to know if this is a common problem.

Hi, I´ve got a problem with the electric window on the driver side. My Bravo m-jet 1,9 is equipped with "comfort closing" -function. When I manoeuvre the window upwards in auto mode,it will immediately go down when it reach the fully close end point. I can close it by not activate the auto mode. Does anybody else experienced this problem. I guess the only thing is to get the car to a service dealer.However,it´s interesting to know if this is a common problem.

Sounds as if the windows need resetting. It seems as if your window is detecting an obstruction and opening back up again when it reaches the top rather than recognising that it is fully up.

I'm not sure whether simply disconnecting your battery for a hour or so resets the windows or if it's a dealer visit. Maybe someone can confirm.

Sounds as if the windows need resetting. It seems as if your window is detecting an obstruction and opening back up again when it reaches the top rather than recognising that it is fully up.

I'm not sure whether simply disconnecting your battery for a hour or so resets the windows or if it's a dealer visit. Maybe someone can confirm.

Thanks! Resetting with help of powering down the system sounds like a good idea. I will try it tomorrow morning.(y)

The problem is that if I hold the button for some second when the window is in closed position, it will automatically go down. I think as a result of the system not knowing the upper end point and instead react to it as a obstacle. As soon as my Mrs. comes home with the car I will eagerly put my hands on the manual and open it at page 78 or whatever it will be in the swedish edition. I will post the result when I get some. Thanx

I have disconnected the battery with no result afterwards. I've also looked into my manual and the only help is how to restore the pinch protection after it has been deactivated (5 times trigged in less than one minute).
Can you give me a clue on how to find a PDF manual on this forum? Could be interesting to look into the UK- version, especially page 78!:rolleyes:

We got the car to a service dealer and they re-setted the end positions.
Works fine now. Thanks for trying to help.

Back