Technical Drive Mode Selector.

Currently reading:
Technical Drive Mode Selector.

TankyT

Hi folks.

We currently have an issue with the drive mode selector being unavailable and car in limp. I had a lovely gent from this forum come to scan the car with multi ecu and the error was pointing toward the selector being the issue.

I’m looking for a replacement and I’ve found a handful for sale online, and the likes of eBay, but the numbers on the stickers don’t match those on the one we have. Do they need to match exact or are they fairly universal?

The image attached is the one out of our 2016 500x 1.6 Diesel Multi Jet,
And here is some links for ones I’ve seen:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...hUKEwiFgtfbybmEAxWLUEEAHfuzAPsQww8Ipwo&adurl=

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...hUKEwiFgtfbybmEAxWLUEEAHfuzAPsQww8Iugo&adurl=

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...hUKEwiFgtfbybmEAxWLUEEAHfuzAPsQww8I_go&adurl=

Does anyone have an idea on which would be suitable? Tried doing searches on it but I can’t seem to find much about them.

Attachments

• IMG_4791.jpeg
    IMG_4791.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
The top number is the actual Fiat Part number.

The nnn/16 is probably a production batch number and date.

Third number may be the OEM Mfg. number

The one you want should have the same 07356366460 number.

The first one you list is a different part number and year 15, not 16.

The second/third are the same part and have the same Fiat and OEM? numbers.

The 105/16 suggests it is an earlier production bacth/date but still year 2016.

If I were you I would go for the 2nd/3rd.

The top number is the actual Fiat Part number.

The nnn/16 is probably a production batch number and date.

Third number may be the OEM Mfg. number

The one you want should have the same 07356366460 number.

The first one you list is a different part number and year 15, not 16.

The second/third are the same part and have the same Fiat and OEM? numbers.

The 105/16 suggests it is an earlier production bacth/date but still year 2016.

If I were you I would go for the 2nd/3rd.
Amazing. Thanks for your help buddy! A Google search wouldn’t help me understand which was the part number on them haha!

Just as an aside, as it’s same as the renegade and the wife has one…was the selector switch the only thing the reader found and the only fault? I ask as we’ve had two ‘selector’ failures and neither of them were due to the switch, one was a gearbox sensor the other being the usual ‘stop start’ battery not holding enough charge, the battery now being on my car with no problems in two years!

Just as an aside, as it’s same as the renegade and the wife has one…was the selector switch the only thing the reader found and the only fault? I ask as we’ve had two ‘selector’ failures and neither of them were due to the switch, one was a gearbox sensor the other being the usual ‘stop start’ battery not holding enough charge, the battery now being on my car with no problems in two years!
I’ve attached some images of the report for the errors showing. The lights one is due to one of the DRL’s being out, which we will be replacing this weekend, and the door one is due to the magnetic bit that goes around the key hole completely falling off so we need to replace that too.

Then the oil viscosity one we’re unsure about as it had an oil change only 3-4 month ago, but we’re gunna put it through another service.

Attachments

• IMG_4810.png
    IMG_4810.png
    542.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4811.png
    IMG_4811.png
    503.7 KB · Views: 33
Back