Technical Drive belt

Currently reading:
Technical Drive belt

KiwiBarchetta

Hey everyone
Following a recent water pump and timing belt kit change on my 2004 Barchetta, my mechanic says the drive belt is worn. Does anyone know if this is a Barchetta specific part please? I live in New Zealand so I'm hoping it won't be too much of an issue to pick up a replacement :)
Cheers,
Stewart

Hey everyone
Following a recent water pump and timing belt kit change on my 2004 Barchetta, my mechanic says the drive belt is worn. Does anyone know if this is a Barchetta specific part please? I live in New Zealand so I'm hoping it won't be too much of an issue to pick up a replacement :)
Cheers,
Stewart
In my Autodata it lists the 1.8i Barchetta engine code 183A1.000 1998-06 and the1999-03 Punto as having the same engine code 183A1.000, though I suspect that is quite rare too. Photo of serpentine belt lay out for both with aircon and without if it looks familiar.

Attachments

• DSCF0491.JPG
    DSCF0491.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 60
This is the Per page:

1660158115338.png

So, as @bugsymike says, it'll depend on whether you have air con or not (aircon is option +025 and so is part 2 in that list).
It'll then depend on what engine type and number you have. I'd guess by the year it is the 188A6 engine which is M2 but I'd check first. It then comes down to the modification.
Change 5650 was for a new alternator and happened at engine number 2988825 so you will need to get your engine number to be sure whch part number applies

Thanks guys. I've checked - I've got engine number 3662294 which is the 188A6. No aircon, so looks like the 6PK1030 is the one to go for.

I've got a new problem to sort first though - first drive after the work above and it started, idled, and ran fine at low revs. However, when applying any reasonable pressure to the accelerator there is a loud noise, no acceleration and it slows down. So something is not right after the work described above. Mechanic now has COVID so it's going to have to wait for a week to get looked at :(

Thanks guys. I've checked - I've got engine number 3662294 which is the 188A6. No aircon, so looks like the 6PK1030 is the one to go for.

I've got a new problem to sort first though - first drive after the work above and it started, idled, and ran fine at low revs. However, when applying any reasonable pressure to the accelerator there is a loud noise, no acceleration and it slows down. So something is not right after the work described above. Mechanic now has COVID so it's going to have to wait for a week to get looked at :(
With a bit of luck if you turn the belt slowly on the engine by hand you will find that CPK ......... Number written, to get the exact one you want.
Bad news about the cam belt job, hope mechanic recovers quickly and can sort it.
I managed to steer clear of Covid until last weekend when I walked around a crowded craft tent, when at a Steam Rally with my family.

With a bit of luck if you turn the belt slowly on the engine by hand you will find that CPK ......... Number written, to get the exact one you want.
Bad news about the cam belt job, hope mechanic recovers quickly and can sort it.
I managed to steer clear of Covid until last weekend when I walked around a crowded craft tent, when at a Steam Rally with my family.
I would have thought that the info on the old belt would be worn away by now but worth a look anyway.

I would have thought that the info on the old belt would be worn away by now but worth a look anyway.
Sometimes they are worn away, but over the years it has been possible to read quite a few, depends how lucky you are:) .
Failing that you can take it off and measure it to confirm the choice you think it should be.

Sometimes they are worn away, but over the years it has been possible to read quite a few, depends how lucky you are:) .
Failing that you can take it off and measure it to confirm the choice you think it should be.
If they're catalogued like washing machine and tumble dryer belts, the first number, ie 6 is the number of tracks and the 2nd number, 1030 is the length in mm. Should be able to Google a supplier with that info.

Hey everyone
Cheers,
Stewart
Hi Wellington, from me as Kiwi and my wife, both from Auckland, I point you to this firm - https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/ - they behave fully as thouh a UK firm although they are in fact head-quartered in Berlin. I have used them just once and found them to be meticulous (querying and matching my VIN) with an excellent online order and despatch service. They do what they say they will do. Also their prices seem to be at a reasonable level - i.e. not exp4ensive as som nay Barchetta pasts suppliers are. Also you should join the UK Barchetta Owners Club at http://fiatbarchetta.uk/. They have about 2 or 3 members in NZ. Good luck. Geoff.

Hi Wellington, from me as Kiwi and my wife, both from Auckland, I point you to this firm - https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/ - they behave fully as thouh a UK firm although they are in fact head-quartered in Berlin. I have used them just once and found them to be meticulous (querying and matching my VIN) with an excellent online order and despatch service. They do what they say they will do. Also their prices seem to be at a reasonable level - i.e. not exp4ensive as som nay Barchetta pasts suppliers are. Also you should join the UK Barchetta Owners Club at http://fiatbarchetta.uk/. They have about 2 or 3 members in NZ. Good luck. Geoff.
Thanks Geoff! There are only two of us in NZ - my LHD facelift one and a RHD pre-facelift one.

Back