General Drilled Brake Disc's

Currently reading:
General Drilled Brake Disc's

daryn

Punto Sporting 1.4 '04 :)
Hey :)

I've seen those Drilled brake disc's, and i think they look great,
i want to get them for my punto sporting, but is it an easy job to do yourself or would i need to let the pro's do it ? .. what does it actually consist of is it just bolts ?

cheers.

They are discs with holes drilled in them. Not something i would do myself as after drilling they would need a slight skim to remove any high spots.

Attachments

• brembodrilledfrontdiscs.jpg
    brembodrilledfrontdiscs.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 319
yeah i know that, but is it an easy job to fit urself do u know ?

Wheel off.
Undo the caliper (2 bolts behind).
Remove locating pins from the disc.
Remove disc.

Easy peasy.

Personally I'd stick with 6 grooves. No need for drilled and they have a bad rep of cracking.

so u think i should just leave the ones i have on it just now then

i have had some new discs in my boot for months but cant get the lacating
pins out of the old ones as they are worn round.... a friend said that i dont need them and to just grind them off :idea: but is that true ?

Last edited:
i have had some new discs in my boot for months but cant get the lacating
pins out of the old ones as they are worn round.... a friend said that i dont need them and to just grind them off :idea: but is that true ?

would have thought they're there for a reason (need more than 2 contacts to hold something flat...)

You don't need them, as said they make refitting the road wheel easier. I run without them as I couldn't fit my aftermarket alloys with them in place.

The caliper will hold the brake disc in place when the road wheel is off and the wheel bolts secure the brake disc in place when the road wheel is on. (y)

Back