Technical Doors will not locked

Currently reading:
Technical Doors will not locked

Hi All,

I have looked on the forum, found sort of similar issues but nothing exact. So I own a Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet, the locks stopped working a few months ago. The driver side of the vehicle will only lock manually, the car boot works with the key fob. When I press the key fob to lock /unlock the vehicle, the car warning lights flash as if the car is being locked/unlocked but nothing happens. I took the car to my mechanic, who suggested I needed a new ECU/BCM, purchased and turns out it has not made a difference. Then they started to look at the wiring, could not find anything, they suggested the keyfob might be old (it was) purchased a new one, still cant lock the other 3 doors of my vehicle. Ive got to point where I've resigned myself to just own the car without having the ability to lock it until I can buy a new car. I'm here out of desperation...I know very little when it comes to vehicles, I am based in Manchester if anyone wants/can help or if you might have any suggestion that may help my mechanic.

Many Thanks,

Dadude

Hi All,

I have looked on the forum, found sort of similar issues but nothing exact. So I own a Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-Jet, the locks stopped working a few months ago. The driver side of the vehicle will only lock manually, the car boot works with the key fob. When I press the key fob to lock /unlock the vehicle, the car warning lights flash as if the car is being locked/unlocked but nothing happens. I took the car to my mechanic, who suggested I needed a new ECU/BCM, purchased and turns out it has not made a difference. Then they started to look at the wiring, could not find anything, they suggested the keyfob might be old (it was) purchased a new one, still cant lock the other 3 doors of my vehicle. Ive got to point where I've resigned myself to just own the car without having the ability to lock it until I can buy a new car. I'm here out of desperation...I know very little when it comes to vehicles, I am based in Manchester if anyone wants/can help or if you might have any suggestion that may help my mechanic.

Many Thanks,

Dadude
Hello, could you finally fix it?

The doors can be locked mechanically from the inside by just pushing each door handle inwards. (y)

Cold weather may freeze and jam the central locking system motors but any faulty wiring to the door may cause similar problems. Also when the battery is almost discharged or dead, the car does not even attempt to open the doors. Replace the battery or recharge it. Also changing a battery of the remote keyfob is the first thing to do if pushing a button won't do anything.

Volunteers answer these questions and sometimes it may seem a little bit too messy to get involved with. Also there are many threads about similar central locking system faults. I'm afraid that the original poster could have asked the garage for a compensation because they did unnecessary part changes without fixing the fault. Obviously fixing the wiring of the door, or recharging or changing the battery is not going cost much, but starting from the bottom of the flowchart, with most expensive parts - without actually fixing anything is going to be more profitable. Hopefully the issue is now fixed.

The doors can be locked mechanically from the inside by just pushing each door handle inwards. (y)

Cold weather may freeze and jam the central locking system motors but any faulty wiring to the door may cause similar problems. Also when the battery is almost discharged or dead, the car does not even attempt to open the doors. Replace the battery or recharge it. Also changing a battery of the remote keyfob is the first thing to do if pushing a button won't do anything.

Volunteers answer these questions and sometimes it may seem a little bit too messy to get involved with. Also there are many threads about similar central locking system faults. I'm afraid that the original poster could have asked the garage for a compensation because they did unnecessary part changes without fixing the fault. Obviously fixing the wiring of the door, or recharging or changing the battery is not going cost much, but starting from the bottom of the flowchart, with most expensive parts - without actually fixing anything is going to be more profitable. Hopefully the issue is now fixed.
I'm electrician too(Automations and little-known electronics). The Luggage compartment works just fine!! . The doors lock mecanically from here(see foto)and if I lock them I can unlock from anywhere!! the coils work and the doors unlock. I try all with battery and the key nothing.the car electrician here told me that maybe it's ECU problem. No way!! because when the problem starts I was inside the car and the car go to lock automatic at (20-30km)that moment I hear one (door lock-coil) to make noise 2-3sec strangle to close (like as you have a relay and stay in the middle)something like that.and from that moment doesn't lock again.Now,i notice a small click! when I try to lock, at drivers door. So that's, the Luggage compartment and the lock light (when I lock stays on) told me that the order from the ECU it's ok and the car thinks that it's lock. I will open tomorrow the drivers door to see it. I think the drivers door give order to all other doors and the ECU give only to drivers.if I had the Wiring diagram it will be much easier for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_151230.jpg
    IMG_20230208_151230.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 57
The picture you sent me is called a child lock, which prevents the doors from being opened from the inside by small children.💡If you don't need it, please see the manual to change the position so that the lock can be operated manually with the door handle.

You can disable the automatic locking from the car computer menu. The way it behaves, it is normal behaviour when some door central locking pump becomes stuck, it will open all the doors. You can try to make it move by tapping on it after removing it and make sure the connector and wiring is ok. It might work and become stuck again. Replace the pump.

You can get the doors locked from the inside door handle, but it's not as convenient as it used to be. Disable auto-lock if you don't need it. Sometimes it will cause problems, so I don't use it myself. There might be some guides for this, but it is a very generic fault. So Google will find you great examples on how to fix this by yourself.

The picture you sent me is called a child lock, which prevents the doors from being opened from the inside by small children.💡If you don't need it, please see the manual to change the position so that the lock can be operated manually with the door handle.

You can disable the automatic locking from the car computer menu. The way it behaves, it is normal behaviour when some door central locking pump becomes stuck, it will open all the doors. You can try to make it move by tapping on it after removing it and make sure the connector and wiring is ok. It might work and become stuck again. Replace the pump.

You can get the doors locked from the inside door handle, but it's not as convenient as it used to be. Disable auto-lock if you don't need it. Sometimes it will cause problems, so I don't use it myself. There might be some guides for this, but it is a very generic fault. So Google will find you great examples on how to fix this by yourself.
I watched some videos the fiat 500 have the handle lock. On my bravo the handle have stop and does not go in, and there is no manual lock inside. I'm 95% sure that the problem is on driver's lock.

Attachments

• IMG_20230209_155347.jpg
    IMG_20230209_155347.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
I watched some videos the fiat 500 have the handle lock. On my bravo the handle have stop and does not go in, and there is no manual lock inside. I'm 95% sure that the problem is on driver's lock.
Read this:

Attachments

• Central Locking.pdf
    500.7 KB · Views: 91
So did you get a new one or how did you fix it? So, the auto-lock was being operated incorrectly by the pressure switch on the driver's seat?

So did you get a new one or how did you fix it? So, the auto-lock was being operated incorrectly by the pressure switch on the driver's seat?
I order new relay( omron g8n-1H) 2€ the piece and I will change it myself. The immobilizer board sent the order to the relays( cgp allestimento l3) . The relays are under driver's sit (see foto, I have it out for change the relay. Normally it's under the carpet.)the 3 black on second foto it's the relays,one for close one for open and one for the Luggage compartment.the relaysboard is very simple have filters, relays, and 3 resistants.

Attachments

• 16762010633756197874477003259874.jpg
    16762010633756197874477003259874.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20230210_135252.jpg
    IMG_20230210_135252.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 117
I order it from ebay(1week from China) I'm electrician so for me it was very simple.
You can see how you can change a relay on YouTube but I will told you not to try something like that for first time!!
I say this because if you heat the pins too mutch you probably will damage the circuit board
better go to someone who have the tools and he have done it before to change it.
for someone who have done it before it's not more than 5 minutes job.

I order it from ebay(1week from China) I'm electrician so for me it was very simple.
You can see how you can change a relay on YouTube but I will told you not to try something like that for first time!!
I say this because if you heat the pins too mutch you probably will damage the circuit board
better go to someone who have the tools and he have done it before to change it.
Great thank you Marios! At first I thought it would be the 20A F36 fuse, but looking at the first message in this thread, the exact same thing happens to me. The opening of the car works without problem for me, but not the closing. Randomly, there are times that it works, or it does always when it goes over 30 km/h.

Also, maybe replacing the "cgp allestimento l3" full piece will be fine, right?

I order new relay( omron g8n-1H) 2€ the piece and I will change it myself. The immobilizer board sent the order to the relays( cgp allestimento l3) . The relays are under driver's sit (see foto, I have it out for change the relay. Normally it's under the carpet.)the 3 black on second foto it's the relays,one for close one for open and one for the Luggage compartment.the relaysboard is very simple have filters, relays, and 3 resistants.
Hi Marios, how can I reach the cpg allestimento l3? Do you have something to check how to remove the carpet? Do I have to remove the seat before? Thanks!

Back