Technical Door lock got detached, any guides on putting the lock and spring back in place?

Currently reading:
Technical Door lock got detached, any guides on putting the lock and spring back in place?

ericpandaclassic

Hi!

Today, after unlocking the driver's door, the section of the lock where you put the key "popped out", leaving me with a cylinder and a spring. Below I marked in red the section that popped out:

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 22.04.02.png

I tried putting it back in place but the spring makes it jump back again.

I found this video but as you can see in 01:06, he changes the entire lock, not just the cylinder that pops out in my case.

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 22.07.25.png

Has anyone had this issue before and found a way to lock the cylinder back in place?

Thanks in advance!
Eric

Hi!

Today, after unlocking the driver's door, the section of the lock where you put the key "popped out", leaving me with a cylinder and a spring. Below I marked in red the section that popped out:

View attachment 416531

I tried putting it back in place but the spring makes it jump back again.

I found this video but as you can see in 01:06, he changes the entire lock, not just the cylinder that pops out in my case.

View attachment 416533

Has anyone had this issue before and found a way to lock the cylinder back in place?

Thanks in advance!
Eric
If you have the key and barrel in your hand, you will probably see a load of brass segments with tiny springs that as you pull the key in and out the springs move. Be very carefull as they can pop out. I am guessing that in your case at the end furthest from the key there is one spring and plunger that should locate in the hole you can see at 12 o'clock in top of photo, the idea being when assembly is removed from car you put the key in and then press a small pin or screwdriver in that hole depressing the spring and allowing the key and barrel to drop out, but in your case it is missing or worn.
Other versions use a circlip or the bolt holding the rear mechanism to hold the barrel in.

If you have the key and barrel in your hand, you will probably see a load of brass segments with tiny springs that as you pull the key in and out the springs move. Be very carefull as they can pop out. I am guessing that in your case at the end furthest from the key there is one spring and plunger that should locate in the hole you can see at 12 o'clock in top of photo, the idea being when assembly is removed from car you put the key in and then press a small pin or screwdriver in that hole depressing the spring and allowing the key and barrel to drop out, but in your case it is missing or worn.
Other versions use a circlip or the bolt holding the rear mechanism to hold the barrel in.
Thanks for your reply.

I ended up taking it to my mechanic and we decided to go for new locks. I had the same issue in the past with the passenger door so it's a good opportunity to fix both doors. The only bad thing is that now my keys are all different!

Thanks for your reply.

I ended up taking it to my mechanic and we decided to go for new locks. I had the same issue in the past with the passenger door so it's a good opportunity to fix both doors. The only bad thing is that now my keys are all different!
Unless you go for a lock set including ignition all matching.

Back