Technical Door barrell loose, help please?

Currently reading:
Technical Door barrell loose, help please?

The lock barrel on my drivers side door has come loose from the plastic shroud on the outside of the door, it still sits in the chamber and locks the door, but sometimes I pull it out when I am withdrawing the key. I am not sure whether to glue it back in or whether this would stop the mechanism working. Any ideas or help would be appreciated thanks, can anyone help?

I had something similar happen recently and posted on a Door lock barrel broken, can you help thread.

The keyed part of the barrel is held in with a little pin, you could replace that or get a new lock. I'm guessing yours, like firecolour, happened on the drivers door as it's most used. Couldn't afford the time/money to do all the locks to keep keyed alike, so I swapped the driver/pax side over and put a new lock on the passenger door. It's a very easy 10 minute job.

If you can't find the right pin, (it'll be in the bottom of your door somewhere) take the one out of the passenger side door and make a replacement for the drivers side.

Failing that, there are a couple being broken for spares on eBay and the part you need is a mouse click away. :)

Back