General Don't make the mistake I made

Currently reading:
General Don't make the mistake I made

Yeah, I actually went looking for a mk2 Punto to avoid trashing the Panda when I was doing a massive commute. Test drove one, then went off to look for a mk1 instead after experiencing the joyless electric power steering. Mk1 was great though, miss that car (...got a 206 instead now:( although sad to say I'd still have that over a mk2 Punto!)

How on earth can you prefer a 206 to a mk2 Punto?!?!? Peugeots are turds with wheels, lol!

I loved my 205 until my cousin wrote it off.....

The truly unhinged have Y10's as well as multiple Pandas and dream of having EVERY marque on the drive!

dribblingly yours etc...

Last edited:
Avoid French cars.... my experience suggests electrics made of frog spawn, build quality by Kelloggs, cabin water tightness by sieve makers and those are the least of your problems.

Believe me, I know having had various 60's 70's & 80's Citroens, a Renault Clio and a Pug 205 to contend with.
Made the build of BL era products seem positively vault like.

I loved my 205 until my cousin wrote it off.....

The truly unhinged have Y10's as well as multiple Pandas and dream of having EVERY marque on the drive!

dribblingly yours etc...

All my early driving was done in a bright red C reg 5 door 205 with the smallest engine of the lot. The 850 I think? Fabulous steering.

Y10 owners are unhinged? Good (y)

So back to the topic do I fight my addiction or give in?

(Not interested in a punto whatever Mk it is :p or a Pug for that matter)

Last edited:

It will get you sooner or later, might as well give in now before the boom drives the prices up :eek:

This is shortly before the van with square wheels comes for you, or perhaps a bus with square wheels so it can pick us all up :ROFLMAO:

Well as we told you at the very start, Pandaritus is completely incurable & you are best just going with it! Symptoms can be medicated, but that's the limit of current medicine. (y)

You will give in....it's just a case of which one you want. A fixer up, special edition, 4x4, mk1, mk2, etc etc...narrow it down.

This isn't going to be a £20,000 mistake....and if it is a mistake you will get the little monies you paid for the car back... It's a win win.

You will give in....it's just a case of which one you want. A fixer up, special edition, 4x4, mk1, mk2, etc etc...narrow it down.

This isn't going to be a £20,000 mistake....and if it is a mistake you will get the little monies you paid for the car back... It's a win win.

It won't be a mistake whatever panda I choose, I've got an early Mk2 and would love a 4x4 but not sure if the funds are there ;) . I'll give it a few years (months) before I go after anything else and spend the time doing all those little jobs that aged cars require (y) .

You don't need money (well a few hundred), just hope, blind faith and Forum friends for when it goes off plan...

As Kev said Panda's aren't going to lose you money, crikey the 500 and mk3 panda lost more in depreciation than the mk2, 4x4 and Y10 cost and then some!

I'm pleased you're getting a Panda, I can drag race you and driver weight penalty will be about even :p

You don't need money (well a few hundred), just hope, blind faith and Forum friends for when it goes off plan...

As Kev said Panda's aren't going to lose you money, crikey the 500 and mk3 panda lost more in depreciation than the mk2, 4x4 and Y10 cost and then some!

I'm pleased you're getting a Panda, I can drag race you and driver weight penalty will be about even :p

I've already got one, its the second I'm now contemplating ;)

Back