Does any dealer actually want to sell cars?!

Currently reading:
Does any dealer actually want to sell cars?!

Josef

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Fiat dealer who might actually be interested in selling a car!!

I've been in touch with 4 separate dealers in the past few days and despite making it clear that I'm looking to place an order immediately have received no calls back as promised from any of them!!

Also feeling the frustration of talking to sales people who know nothing about the cars they're employed to sell!! :bang:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Fiat dealer who might actually be interested in selling a car!!

I've been in touch with 4 separate dealers in the past few days and despite making it clear that I'm looking to place an order immediately have received no calls back as promised from any of them!!

Also feeling the frustration of talking to sales people who know nothing about the cars they're employed to sell!! :bang:

I've had much the same issue trying to test drive and buy a Bravo. Decided it is because the dealers are so busy selling 500s on the scrappage scheme and new number plate they haven't got the time for anything else. I spoke to a dealer today who said he (himself - not the garage) has already taken orders this month for 27 of the little 500s.

So I've decided the best thing to do is wait another couple of months until scrappage has run out and then get a new car.

ye no wonder the car industry is going down if "pushy"car salesman dont even seem to sell people cars.

my family had this too.

my brother was looking to buy alfa gt-made it clear he wanted to buy the car if he could get it in a blue which was becoming rare- the salesman didnt put any effort in looking to find one - never rang back- left it til the day to tell him he cant take him for a test drive as the test drive car was sold and didnt make any attempt to fix it. in the end it took so long that they ran out of alfa gts and my bro went and bought a volvo c30.

my dad went to arbury fiat, nice sales man which we was impressed with.we told him we was sure f ordering a fiat panda on the saturday and he had to ring us back to confirm something about the scrappage that we questioned. did he ring back?no! the next day my dad ordered a polo.this was a good 2 month back now.he was aware that we had to place the order for the panda but 2 months down the line he has still not even rang us to ask why we didnt go back. I think car sales men get commision on NOT selling cars by the sounds of it.

my dad went to arbury fiat, nice sales man which we was impressed with.we told him we was sure f ordering a fiat panda on the saturday and he had to ring us back to confirm something about the scrappage that we questioned. did he ring back?no! the next day my dad ordered a polo.this was a good 2 month back now.he was aware that we had to place the order for the panda but 2 months down the line he has still not even rang us to ask why we didnt go back. I think car sales men get commision on NOT selling cars by the sounds of it.

sounds like your family didnt make much effort either, why didnt you phone back a few days later if you hadnt heard anything asking if things had been followed up?

sounds like stoneacre doncaster, didnt want to sell me a car at all.

Went to a Perrys dealership (Vauxhall im ashamed to say), and they wont leave me alone, always ringing me telling me they have new stock in.

where did you go? out of interest....tried Hartwells (Huntington)?(although i do happen to know nearly all the major staff there...try Alistar (i cannot think of his 2nd name but he is the manager of there)/William Edwards hes on holiday at the mo though....

dont ring though visit in person is much better...

edit: i cannot even get rid of stoneacre there a constant nusance....

Last edited:
Thanks for all the respones everyone. I finally got somewhere after contacting Perrys in Aylesbury and ordered my car this afternoon :D

It does also help that their price is the best out there even if they are 180 miles away!

For the record, I'd tried Hartwell here in Chester, who seemingly had no desire to actually do a deal (Had also been unimpressed by the salesman there when my friend was looking to buy a 500 last month). Also visited Lookers in Northwich who kept me waiting for almost an hour before a junior member of staff dealt with my query. Finally, Stoneacre in Wrexham who didn't even call me back despite me taking a test drive and filling out a form requesting a call back/quote next day - seem to have staff in the showroom but a lack of people who can discuss the financial aspects of a deal there and then!

All's well that end's well!!!

Back