Technical doblo will not rev

Currently reading:
Technical doblo will not rev

marky b

can anyone help. doblo 1.9 jtd will not rev over 3000 and engine light on dash :confused:

sounds like "limp mode" take to your nearest dealer! when mine did this it was a fuel pump fault

can anyone help. doblo 1.9 jtd will not rev over 3000 and engine light on dash :confused:

I had virtually the same thing tonight driving to Gloucester from Birmingham. Van was fine on the way there, but about half an hour from home, in pouring rain, on the M5, while doing about 60mph van decided to "limp" down to 40 mph ... luckily i was near the ruddy hard shoulder so limped 3 miles to a service station. Let the van "settle" for about an hour, checked all the liquid levels (coolant, oil, etc) ... seemed to be okay when I pulled away, but literally about 500 yards after leaving the services, virtually total loss of power.

I'm so p***ed off with my van - just had the top of the engine rebuilt after the cam shaft went - £1600, then new battery £90 ... then only two weeks ago 4 new tires and my tracking done.... so tempted to sell the f-er !! :mad:

So you have my sympathies!

My sons Doblo has the same problem. If he tries to rev it when standing still and switches the ignition off while revving it, then back on, it will rev higher. Once he lifts off the accelerator, it is back to a max 3000rpm.
Engine light is on on the dash, but this was on way before this developed. Recently it ran great for days, then you never know when it will develop again.
He has put second hand everything on it....egr valve and the sensors below the egr. the one on the turbo pipe to the airbox and radiator fan sensor....no joy! Does this sound like a fuel pump problem as mentioned, as nothing shows up on the diagnostics? Help please! He is at his whits end! Alan.

Back