Technical DOBLO REAR DRUM BRAKES

Currently reading:
Technical DOBLO REAR DRUM BRAKES

Factseeker

Hi,

Fiat Doblo 2005​

Diesel MPV1.9 JTD Active MultiJet
FWD -- 119_,223_1910cc 77KW 105HP 223 A7.000;223 B1.000

Images attached are of Rear Drum Brake Assembly.

Does anyone recognise the Auto Adjuster shown at Red - Yellow - Green Arrow?

I understnad the principal of the 'Self Adjust' mechanism- and in fact have sorted previously on my old Espace - RIP ;o((

But this one appears more complicated.

I was in a rush to get assembly back together as light was going but next visit would like to adjust one side as the Drum is very tight at the moment.

I did not fancy fiddling with it.

Looks like there is a small Push Rod at Red Arrow but that seemed fixed by the inserts at Green Arrow and they are slanted as if not to come out.

I fully understand that all I need is to be able to turn the threaded rod at Yellow Arrow - just need advice on how??

Best Rgds to All.

Attachments

• REAR BRAKE ASSEMBLY (5)Z.jpg
    REAR BRAKE ASSEMBLY (5)Z.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
Easiest way is to remove top brake spring one end, ease shoe back and wind adjuster back in a little at yellow arrow, making sure it is still facing the same way as it is stepped I think.
Don't push brake cylinder piston out whilst doing it though.;)

Thnxs Mike,

Will give it a go.

In passing - I replaced my Serpentine Belt - amazed how much noise a Belt an make - not bearings - just Belt - now all silent - checked surface of old Belt - nothing apparent.

Thnxs Mike,

Will give it a go.

In passing - I replaced my Serpentine Belt - amazed how much noise a Belt an make - not bearings - just Belt - now all silent - checked surface of old Belt - nothing apparent.
When you hear a noise that could be a bearing , a quick test is to give the belt a squirt of WD40 when running and see if noise goes away, just on the inside area of the belt, not on any of the pulleys.;)

When you hear a noise that could be a bearing , a quick test is to give the belt a squirt of WD40 when running and see if noise goes away, just on the inside area of the belt, not on any of the pulleys.;)
Hi BugsyMike,

A friend of a friend came around and did that - yes - silence.

He was coming back to do the job - but never did - so I did it. ;o)) Very satisfying.

Now I have a last question - my pre MOT check up has gone well ecept for small point ref lights.

Will enter another query.

Best Rgds & Thnxs

Hi BugsyMike,

A friend of a friend came around and did that - yes - silence.

He was coming back to do the job - but never did - so I did it. ;o)) Very satisfying.

Now I have a last question - my pre MOT check up has gone well ecept for small point ref lights.

Will enter another query.

Best Rgds & Thnxs
Usual one is faded headlamp glass/plastic re beam pattern, if lucky a good rubbing compound and mechanical polish/buffing sorts that.;)

Back