General Doblo ECU fault?

Currently reading:
General Doblo ECU fault?

davidjsmith1064

Help! I have a 2006 Doblo 1.9JTD. It all started when a crank sensor failed in France, which was replaced by a local Fiat dealer. The car has run perfectly since, until I got in it one day and it wouldn't start. The immobiliser light came on and it would just turn over but not start. A local garage sent off the immobiliser and ECU to be repaired, but it came back saying that the immobiliser was OK, so it must be the ECU. My local garage bypassed it with a relay and everything seemed fine, although the engine warning light was on. They said it was because of the ECU fault. The car has run fine BUT, on a family visit over Christmas, I had to stop and it wouldn't restart. There were different lights coming on every time. It would just turn over but wouldn't run. The RAC came out and couldn't do much and said it was an ECU fault, but as a last resort, he squirted some Easystart into the air intake and it fired into life. He couldn't understand how it worked, but it did. Since then the car has run fine for several hundred miles until it happened again. This time it was after a 250mile journey and it happened while it was running. It stuttered a few times and then stopped. I managed to restart it once, but then it gave up. Same problem. This time it was Green Flag and he said the same as the RAC. I told him about the Easystart fix and he shook his head and said it wouldn't do anything. As we were stuck, he gave it a try and it worked!!!. Since then I drove back another 260miles without a hitch and it has been fine - until today. Same problem again Can anybody point me in the right direction please? Should I send off the ECU for repair or should I try an ECU and key etc from a scrap car. Could it be anything else? Any help and advice gratefully received. I really like the car, but can't trust it. Cheers, David

Back