Technical Doblo 1.9 JTD Battery replace

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo 1.9 JTD Battery replace

Hi,
I would like to replace the starter battery on my Doblo 1.9JTD (55 Plate).

Question, will it loose the immo code ? getting conflicting answers from Fiat main dealers.

Not bothered about radio code as I have replace the head unit with none coded JVC.

Both blue keys have a (2) marked on them but I have no code card although I do have a 5 digit number written in the service book. (hope this is the immo code).

Any help would be welcome - thanks.

Many thanks John. I will have to bite the bullet soon as the battery is showing signs of old age (like the driver ) :). I would have been less concerned if I had the original code card etc. but as I don't know the full history I have this fear that it looses the code and the dealers can't help me. They dont seem to be very helpful on the phone.

Regards
Pete

Many thanks for the update..my confidence is growing. I will post on here
how the battery change goes. Fingers crossed.

Cheers
Pete

Many thanks John. I will have to bite the bullet soon as the battery is showing signs of old age (like the driver ) :). I would have been less concerned if I had the original code card etc. but as I don't know the full history I have this fear that it looses the code and the dealers can't help me. They dont seem to be very helpful on the phone.

1) No you wont lose the immobiliser code
2) code card not supplied to UK market
3) Dealerships are a business, very few businesses give out free information.

Many thanks for the info T14086. Many thanks Peter Pick-Up for the link to the battery site. Feeling confident enough to do the job now.
Thanks again to all - much appreciated. Cheers. G1RVP

Back