Technical Do Tipos have a plastic tailgate?

Currently reading:
Technical Do Tipos have a plastic tailgate?

Martiny10

Hi all,

I have owned a few Fiat/Lancia cars over time but the tailgates and doors rust through very quickly.

I still like the FIAT styling though and was told recently that all Tipos have plastic tailgates.

Is this true?

Regards,

Martin

Fix It Again Tony!

fibreglass would have been my thought, but i was too young to know the difference between fibreglass and plastic when i crashed it.

i do remember that when he car left the ground and landed on the boot, the boot broke, no bending so defo not metal

- - Donz - -

citroen ax's have fiberglass boots too, cracked one by throwing a wrench at it in a moment of madness on work experience!

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, what do you want? cupholders? open door warning light? grow up!

i noticed a 1.9 deisel tipo in the scrap yard, that had a fibreglass boot. Was just wonderind, on the earlier Tipo`s they had different front lights and grill to the newer ones, anyone know if they can b easyly changed over without avin to make any new brackets coz i quite like the look of the newer front? maybe it just a case of unbolting the front off a newer Tipo and putting straight on an old one?

the front lights on the front of the old and new tipos can be changed over easily but you will need all the parts ie. headlights, indicators, grill and the mouldings for over the new type lights as they are smaller

np, anyways it failed on 4 things for the MOT today, passenger strut, small hole in the subframe , passenger indicator on the wing and the steering rack. spoke to he owner of the scrap yard bowt getting a new strut and he said he had a few allready off, so i drove up there and he said they were`nt off i had to take it off myself and totally denied wot he said on the phone, flippin liar:(

Back