DIY Remap ...

Currently reading:
DIY Remap ...

Well I took Nick up on his service. I uploaded my cars map & sent it over to him.

The modified map has put a grin on my face. The car pulls much more and I can really feel the difference. I love the sound the turbo makes now as it sounds like it is working harder. Its a bit early to notice the mpg change if any.

I aim to do a few benchmark tests with my smartphone app. 0 to 60 timed runs & bhp approximations etc. I no its no rolling road, but probably better than a butt dyno.

Thanks Nick & Shadey!

It is funny how things are changing in the tuning world.... Companies offer these 'self-remap' tools for £500 ++ and give you a fair to moderate increase so that you go back for more maps from them (remember those type of tools are locked to one car).

What I've noticed is all the younger lot buying the Galletto 1260 (clone) from Ebay and getting the file(s) modified themselves. It will probably ruin the industry eventually, but with the new governmental laws putting people off vehicle tuning (MOT Test) - the kids are wise to it and will quickly flash the 'original' dealer file back on before testing!

I think the tuning industry(remapping especially) is having to change to keep up with new rules and regulations. Its a case of change or be left behind. Being able to switch back to the original factory map for MOT day is an obvious bonus for anyone.

A lot of people are taking advantage of this, myself included, and are remapping their own vehicles because its a lot cheaper and easier than people think. I've just purchased another cheap MPPS cable(clone) that has a huge list of vehicles that it can read and write the map files of.

Nick, like many of the younger drivers has kept up with the shift in the remapping industry by suppling remapped files direct to people like myself and Mike. Its made a huge difference to the power of my car and its drivability and for about the same price of a cheap tuning box.

Many companies already offer self remaping tools that are locked to them and the car for £400/£500 this is the future of remapping IMO except we'll be purchasing our own tools and just purchasing the remapped files from companies like Nicks.

dug out my kit again today, looking into to doing my GP multijet 1.9 sporting, not sure what ECU it is or if it's even compatible :(

my dad's MG ZT i remapped is still going strong, the maps that come with the kit are useless you deffinitely need to get a trusted one off a friend or someone on a forum.

anyone know which ECU my car has? cheers!

Still haven't Managed to connect galleto to my gp yet, anyone know if it should work? Desperate to get it remapped :lol:

I'm pretty sure a Galletto wont connect to the EDC16 ECU of a Grande Punto.

I tried connecting my Galletto to what I think is the same engine in another forum members(https://www.fiatforum.com/members/chappers14.html) car not long ago with no success, I had to use my MPPS in the end to remap his Bravo.

Last edited:
I do mobile remapping as part of my business. I use a genuine Alientech Kess V2.

As i do it for a living there's no way i would use a cheap ebay tool or cheap map files on customers vehicles as there's no guarantees with them.

However, i did by a cheap ebay tool to have a mess about with it. My mate was with me when i bought it & it was him that pretty much convinced me to buy it after he said i could test it on his alfa gt 1.9jtd 150. He even said to try a file from 1 of the online suppliers.

Didn't really worry me as i have the equipment etc to sort it of anything goes wrong. Anyways, we tried it & it worked fine. Not sure on the exact figures afterwards as he never got around to getting it on a dyno before he sold it.

I've still got the ebay tool but haven't used it since & i've had it about 1 year now.

Im thinking about getting my Fiat 500 Abarth Remapped

ive spoke with a company based in Cheshire called Mobile Ecu Remapping.

if i get it remapped is it going to break my car, or void insurance, will i have to tell them about it.

Also does any one or has any one had one done and could advise me on cost, because they want £160 for a remap is this good value ??

www.mobileecuremapping.co.uk

is the company ive contacted on google.

is the company ive contacted on google.

Last edited:
Back