diskloc

Currently reading:
diskloc

its Cat 3

id be warey about telling your insurace you fit one though, As if you get a discount based on you using it when you leave you car, and you pop into the corner shop and you dont fit it and your car gets nicked. And its subsiquently found the lock wasn't fitted your up $h1t ally

Oh and if you do get one keep your reciept which clearly shows that its a "disklock" and not just "car security" or "steering wheel lock" so you can prove you baught one for your car....

Last edited:
Yup i got one, but didnt tell insurance for that reason, i put it on in high risk areas as a deterent. I used to live nr Middlesbrough and a friend had his car stolen 4 times. And various others had attempts and thefts. So my punto had the lock on permanantly down there exept when i was at work. (Totaly secure chemical site).

I'd doubt you'd get much off anyway, i asked if i'd get a discount for fitting McGuard locking nuts and they said about £5, i said dont bother then and fitted them anyway for the same reason. A friend had there alloys loosened off in Middlesbrough an attempted theft, she didnt notice until on the carrageway, i was in the back and got her to pull over, 2 wheels were nearly finger tight!

Disloc is brilliant if a little cumbersome. Wouldn't have anything else to secure the Grale. And much much better then any alarm . Who ever bothers if an alarm is sounding?. We all put it down to false alarms which 95% usually are!!
Disloc will make just about any car thief walk past. Keeps winning the Auto Express best steering wheel security device each year!! Well recommended!(y)

Andy.:)

Having looked at mine i dont think they are overly secure (i spotted a weak point but wont say any more in public;) ) but as a visual deterrent they win hands down...

There was a batch of them made with a weak point on, but new ones from 2006 are ok. No lock is thief proof, but 95% of all car thiefs are opportunists, so a deterrent like a Disloc is more then adequate.

Andy.:)

Back