500 Disastrous morning picking up 500

Currently reading:
500 Disastrous morning picking up 500

donnorf

I was meant to be picking up my 1 year old used 500 from motorpoint bham today.
Had to pay £99 for car prep
On inspection today spotted long scratch on wing.
Also car covered in white streaks and still grubby around boot.
The service team decided to attend to the scratch but made it worse.
Also quibble about my part ex and rear parking sensors not working. Despite the sale man knowing this a week ago.

2 hours in the sales room and ended up going home with a courtesy car, ageement to respray or replace the wing + free gap insurance.

Very shoddy service and attention to detail. Spent too long scrutinising my part ex, and not enough care on the car I was speniding 7k on.

Last edited:
Do you not fancy telling Motorpoint where to shove it? I would, unless you have left a deposit.

Thanks for reply.
I had left the standard £300 deposit, which you have to do as part of the aarrangement
I had already paid my insurer to change my cover over to the new car
One can understand a couple of gravel nicks, but a fresh scratch about 3inch long Is shocking.
When they add £99 for a prep fee
and they clearly have not very & embarrassing how they scrutinise a car thats going to auction anway.

They manager was very apologetic and quick to offer free stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply.
I had left the standard £300 deposit, which you have to do as part of the aarrangement
I had already paid my insurer to change my cover over to the new car
One can understand a couple of gravel nicks, but a fresh scratch about 3inch long Is shocking.
When they add £99 for a prep fee
and they clearly have not very & embarrassing how they scrutinise a car thats going to auction anway.

They manager was very apologetic and quick to offer free stuff.

Sorry to add rain on your parade. Motorpoint are not the best, and free GAP insurance is no big deal. Just hope you get it sorted.

Back