Technical Disable/reset alarm

Currently reading:
Technical Disable/reset alarm

Bokyyy

Hello,

I have Fiat Marea 1.9 TD 100 ELX and after I locked my car with a remote control alarm turns on and car locks. But my key fall on the ground and I can't unlock the car with remote anymore (indicate lamp on my key is flashing when I press the button but it wont unlock my car). So, I unlocked it with manual central locking with key and when I opened door my alarm starts to "beep". I need help on how to disable alarm? Because I need first to turn off alarm somehow to be able to reprogram the key code. Please help me!

Regards!

If you got the factory alarm, the lock for it is under drivers fusebox.
Key for it looks like cheap bicycle lock key (round with notches), only smaller. Not sure how it behaves if you try to disable it while armed.
Tried opening the key and drying it and throwing in a new battery?
No second remote key?

I tried to set alarm under drivers fusebox on OFF, but alarm is still *beeping* when opening door or starting engine. I tried to replace car battery same as battery in remote control key but I got same problem... alarm is still on ... it seems like car is telling me "you must press the button on remote control key to deactivate the alarm, there is no other way".

PS. I have second remote control but it is not programmed. I can't program it until I deactivate alarm.

I assume you have the original Fiat Alarm and Central Door Lock system??

If the key fell on the ground and you can't unlock the car anymore with the key, it is a problem with the microswitch in the key itself.
You DON'T have to reprogram the key..
Been there, done that..

In my case the microswitch wouldn't come back after pressing the switch.
The switch on the key still opened the Central Lock and disarmed the alarm.
But only once.
The LED on the key kept blinking for about 20 times after pressing the button on the key.

What I did was opening the key, took the battery out and CAREFULLY made the microswitch work as it was supposed to work.
There was a little bit of dirt which caused the microswitch to hang.
After cleaning I applied a little bit of silicon spray on the switch with a cotton tip.
This worked for me for the last 6 months.

I think the car have original alarm system... I bought it when it was 5 years old from a guy who didn't drive this car so often... I don't think he would setting up some other alarm in the car...
I tried cleaning the key inside and it didn't help. It is the problem in microchip as you told... The led is blinking fine on key and in the car... But it just wont to unlock on remote control... I unlocking it over central door locking system but alarm wont disarm that way.. I dont know what to do ?

PS. My friend had the same problem but his key didnt fell on the ground... His problem was that remote control key lost frequency.. Instead of 433 it was 480 mhz or hz dont know exactly... BUt on his luck car stays unlocked with remote, but mine is locked with remote...

Sometimes it seems like the alarm is armed and the car is unlocked..
When this happens they never get back into sync unless you disconnect the battery and wait for everything (including the alarm) to discharge their batteries.
Then lock the car and hold down the bonnet switch wile reconecting the battery.
Nothing should happen.
Then unlock the car with the remote key.
Now the car and alarm should unlock together and everything will be back to normal

Well thanks for reply, this is nice trick but I can only lock and unlock car over central door locking. My microchip in remote control is not working so I cant lock-unlock with remote. Is there any other way ?

hi all. my daughters 06 punto has alarm going off when she leaves the car. tonight I sprayed wd40 into the door locks, as I had read this earlier on the forum. then I put the key into the drivers door lock and turned it 5 times to the left and 5 times to the right. the led on the dash stopped flashing. the car has been lying for 4 hours now and no sign of the alarm going off. heres hoping it works. just to say the car was only purchased recently and the engine bay was steam cleaned. this I think was the original problem for all those of you who dropped your key, flat battery in the fob etc etc . remember. oil in the lock, to make sure it is going all the way over, then turn key in lock 5 times until dash led goes out. I think this will work on all models, not just punto. bisto2

Last edited:
Back