General Dipped headlights

Currently reading:
General Dipped headlights

Oldfern

Just bought a FIAT 500 Lounge, 2018 model. When driving in dark with passengers in the rear lots of other drivers flashing me, presumably for headlights dazzling. Checked I am only using dipped headlights (plus DRL), no main beam, no fog lights. Without the passengers no one flashed. Any thoughts?

Hi weight in back of car compressing rear springs thus raising front of car making headlights "higher" thus dazzling other drivers!
the 500s have a headlight adjustment system via the menu buttons to the right of the speedo unit with your lights on the headlight icon should light up in the LCD screen!- with passengers in the back you adjust it so the beam icon is pointing as far down as possible( see handbook if you are not sure how to do it) dont forget to re-set them once the passengers are no longer being carried!

Last edited:
Thanks for advice. Found the adjustment buttons. Will give it a try next time I have rear seat passengers. Never come across this on any other car I have had. Small size? High positioning of lights?

Lots of cars have it now days !my 2004 Mercedes 4x4 does, as did my 52 plate Hyundia Santa -fe!
As for the fiat ,its more that being so small and light! the rear suspension has springs that would not do a ball-point-pen justice:eek:🤣 hence any load in the back and they sag raising the front of the car- moving the headlamp beams upwards into the line of sight of other drivers thus the adjustment facility!

Back