Technical Digital dashboard problem

Currently reading:
Technical Digital dashboard problem

Bridkid

Hi. I have a 1.9 td estate and the lights went out on the digital dashboard a few days ago. They came back on the next day but they're out again. If I look closely I can see the fuelguage so I guess it is working but is not illuminated. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Hi. I have a 1.9 td estate and the lights went out on the digital dashboard a few days ago. They came back on the next day but they're out again. If I look closely I can see the fuelguage so I guess it is working but is not illuminated. Can anyone help? Thanks.

There is some electrical info about the 1.9Td estate here - http://www.brickfieldspark.org/temp/fiatmanuals/temprainfo.htm - the very last file on that page deals with the dashboard and dimmer. You will need the "Wiring diagram legends" file, it contains the number keys for the diagrams, but its a large 4mb file.

Does pressing the dashboard lighting control bring them back on any of the settings ?, there are 8, recycling, press 8 times for the 8 levels, press 8 times more goes back through the original 8. Pressing the "ot/trip" and the "otrip" buttons together (ignition on) brings up ALL lights and segments of the display, does it do this ?.

You could try the old "give it a thump", may be a loose connection, long shot but theraputic.

On the drawing (last file on page), 66 is the instrument cluster, 61 is the switch cluster top right of the instrument panel by the air vent. The drawing seems to suggest that the instrument lights are fed from the number 5 fuse of the fuse box (50) via the GR wire on connector A.

However I've checked my car and the fuse that controls the instrument lights is the top left one labeled "services" (this may still be fuse 5, I do not know if they are in order). Hinge the fuse board down using the clip by the accellerator, there are 2 coloums of fuses, top left coloumn is "services", check it, I pulled my fuse and the lights went out, instruments that is.

The instrument light dimmer is N1 of the instrument cluster 66 on the drawing, I'm not sure if it can be replaced or repaired, never had it go wrong on my 1.9td's.

Back