Technical digital dash

Currently reading:
Technical digital dash

HI

THE BOOST HOSE DOES NOT FIT ANYWHERE ON THE DIGITAL DASH YOU NEED TO BLANK THE PIPE OFF ITS NO LONGER NEEDED.
THE BOOST GAUGE IS ELECTRONIC AND RUNS OFF FROM THE ECU IN ENGINE BAY (i think)
SOME WIRRING HARNESS WERE SLIGHLY DIFFERENT!
I GIVE UP ON MY DIGITAL DASH AND PUT THE CLOCKS BACK IN GOOD LUCK MATE:bang:

"could you just not get a digital gaugue and have it in a seperate pod on the dash?"

no i want the digi dash boost guage to work, dont want a silly pod on the dash.

does everything else work apart from the boost guage?, if its just a pin on the ecu then to make the thats not too bad,

oldskoolmk1unoturbo said:
"could you just not get a digital gaugue and have it in a seperate pod on the dash?"

no i want the digi dash boost guage to work, dont want a silly pod on the dash.

does everything else work apart from the boost guage?, if its just a pin on the ecu then to make the thats not too bad,

Funny this is said as i was talking to alex this morning on msn, he said that it looks like pin 23 is used on the ecu to drive the electronic boost guage, thaks for pointing out then wire on my other thread mate ill try it tomoz and let u know, if alex reads this he might be able to help u out on the boost guage.... and me... (y)

Yes, as Rob said, I studied the wiring diagrams for some time :) and concluded that the wire coloured 'SN' is shown on the wiring diagram (page 14-14 of Haynes) as connected to pin 23 of the ignition ECU, then not connected to anything (terminates at a connection block). This pin is also not shown on Fig. 13.80 in the supplement (all other pins are identified). I was hopeful that it may be for the digital boost gauge.

It may (on the other hand) be for an electronic diagnostic connector. I think there is a three-pin sealed socket floating around near the ECU on the Uno Turbo. So it would be a good idea to find this socket if possible and check the wiring colours to see if that's where the mysterious SN wire crops up (I haven't even worked out what colour SN is :eek:)

The approach I suggested to Rob was to unplug the instrument cluster plugs and look for the copper traces on the circuit that the plugs fit onto. In theory, there must be a trace for the boost gauge that does not have a corresponding wire in the standard loom? So this is where you would connect the signal. The pins are easily removed from spare Uno wiring using a small screwdriver.

-Alex

I am in the same situation here. Had a analog dash in my uno turbo 1.3L i.e. and i wanna put a digital dash. please let me know about your progress, and make pictures of everything so i can follow ur steps. Thank you

Back