Technical Difficult starting when left overnight or a few days.

Currently reading:
Technical Difficult starting when left overnight or a few days.

I have Exide battery, almost 2 years old. Alternator checked, working good.
Always and only on 3rd crank engine starts.Not 1st, 2nd, only on 3rd, when temperatures are below 18 degrees celsius

Stop using the LPG for a while...finish all the petrol in the tank...well beyond the low fuel light.
Add new petrol at least 3/4 tank... then tell me how it starts.

Aurick, you were right. I cant believe it.
I used all petrol from tank, well beyond low fuel warning.
Put new 20litres, and engine starts on first cranck, always.

:slayer:
Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

I'd say keep using only petrol for at least 60 liters... so finish all you have now... then add another 20.. finish add another 20.. finish that... and only then start using LPG again.
(definitely don't just fill the car up... i think that will give it more time to oxidize)
I'm saying that thinking that will clean out most of the old/oxidized/contaminated fuel...

Unfortunately for me ... in my car this wonder only lasts 3-7 days :)
I'm going to remove the pump and remove all the fuel Most of it (or as much as i can)... clean and dry out the tank... then add a new fuel and a new pump :bang:... there goes another 100 euro

Last edited:
Only 100euro? Where? I cant find it new cheaper than cca. 200eu, whole assembly with fuel level sensor

Well, in Romania there's a website, where you can ask for offers for a certain part new or second hand.... and all the parts shops can see the request... so they can make offers.... the best one i've received is ~100 euro.
No idea if they will ship outside the country.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Back