General did I imagine it?

Currently reading:
General did I imagine it?

Have now opened it - thanks for guidance - but it really is too small to be very useful. For example most of us would want to accommodate the handbook, plus service book, plus AA membership guide and possibly radio guide. Only accommodating one is not much help. We have already established size is not everything but another half an inch (sorry looking at the age profile here I mean 12.7 mm) on the depth would have made all the difference.

You'll get the lippy in there, but probably squash the sunglasses. The lippy might roll around a bit though and become annoying.

My dealer suggested putting the quick start guides in there, so I did, but haven't needed to look at them yet.

At the risk of sounding stereotypically girlie do you think it's big enough for some lippy and a pair of sunglasses?

The lippy yes, but not the sunglasses. At most it can hold a single book, and even then it can't be a thick one.

The lippy yes, but not the sunglasses. At most it can hold a single book, and even then it can't be a thick one.

the small compartment on the side of the gear leaver housing/centre console will hold most non smart mobile phones- i used to keep mine in there- useful for blue and me conversations when you cant actually end the call without touching the phone -

now i have an iphone there is no chance of using it for this...

out of interest, i have a lounge spec start and stop, but cannot for the life of me find this underseat storage!

If you've got leather seats, you won't have the underseat storage.

If you've got cloth seats, pull the front of the passenger seat upwards and towards the front of the car, then pull up the rear of the seat - lo and behold - handy underseat storage!

If you've got leather seats, you won't have the underseat storage.

If you've got cloth seats, pull the front of the passenger seat upwards and towards the front of the car, then pull up the rear of the seat - lo and behold - handy underseat storage!

There's also no underseat storage if you've specced interscope irrespective of seat material.

Finally managed to open my secret compartment today - and my 2010 National Trust Handbook is a perfect fit!

...and I also asked the dealer to stick my number plates on. The salesman, to his credit and my surprise, agreed - said it was my new car, and I was entitled to have it prepared the way I wanted it.

When I arrived to collect it, it looked so much better than the one with screwed on plates in the next bay...

The Ka has an optional storage thingy that goes below the central console with two pockets, why dont we get something like that for sunglasses?

Last edited:
Back