delivery delays

Currently reading:
delivery delays

fueltank

is anyone having problems with delivery delays on new stilos. I placed an order with a broker 30/06/05. After a 2 weeks they said because leather was standard now it would be delayed 4 weeks. They are now saying December due to Fiat having production problems. Has any one heard anything.
Orded Stilo Arbarth, satnav, skyroof.

James Abarth said:
No, but worth the wait though. :D Selespeed or manual - colour?

I wouldnt wait 6 months for a car, i would look at an alternative. Even if the stilo is a smart car :D

:confused:
AppleSei said:
I wouldnt wait 6 months for a car, i would look at an alternative. Even if the stilo is a smart car :D
seeing that fiat cannot sell stilos in the home country[fact],i cannot see why you have to wait all this time for a poor selling car.btw,i like the stilo 3 door.why its struggled,i dont really know.

Speak to a dealer direct and ask for a delivery date for the same car, then you can see if the broker is causing the delay.

Broker may be stalling for time to put together a bigger order with Fiat to get a better price, which if you've allready agreed upon, you wont see any of. Look at your contract and see what you can do, as it really ought to be made by now...

Fiat are notorious for delivery delays, its normal. Always double their estimate. However, it does seem excessive for a Stilo, I expect your broker is having problems as Fiat will no doubt treat their own customers with priority.

yeah i find it hard to believe that a model that sells as badly as the stilo has such a long delivery time

they do order through a fiat dealer as i had a jtd in yellow through TSB carselect and it came from Perrys. they damaged it every time it went in that they gave me a refund after 11 months hence trying to get a new one.

fueltank said:
is anyone having problems with delivery delays on new stilos. I placed an order with a broker 30/06/05. After a 2 weeks they said because leather was standard now it would be delayed 4 weeks. They are now saying December due to Fiat having production problems. Has any one heard anything.
Orded Stilo Arbarth, satnav, skyroof.
28/10/05 just been told that Fiat have now taken the order so should be delivered before christmas

Fiat deserve an award for their delivery delays. Quoted 8-9 weeks, actual 29 weeks. I have now been told a delivery date for my Stilo Abarth 17/1/06. They have beten their last record of 20 weeks.

fueltank said:
Fiat deserve an award for their delivery delays. Quoted 8-9 weeks, actual 29 weeks. I have now been told a delivery date for my Stilo Abarth 17/1/06. They have beten their last record of 20 weeks.

Hopefully it would have been worth the wait (y)

Hope they do PDI it as i had a JTD from Perrys & it came with a dent in door, paint chip, window not working, noise from skyroof & cracking from OSR arch. After 11 Months they gave me a refund as every tim it went in they could not cure it or the did more damage, hens new motor

Back