Technical Decat Punto Mk2b 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Technical Decat Punto Mk2b 1.2 8v

So I'm debating to decat my mk2b 8v Punto but is there any disadvantages other than failing MOT?

Is it possible to decat without needing a whole new manifold?

So I'm debating to decat my mk2b 8v Punto but is there any disadvantages other than failing MOT?

Is it possible to decat without needing a whole new manifold?

You will find your fuel consumption reduces but you will get a slight performance boost - aided further with a straight through sports exhaust.

On the 1.2 8v is the cat part of the manifold or on the mid section?

If thats the case then you just need a straight through mid section for the exhaust.
Alternatively get a sports cat so you dont have to switch out for MOT :)

Last edited:
It's a manicat on the 8V.. Which means a new manifold. There's a couple different options on ebay, as well as the expensive one from SuperSprint.
I've been debating myself on this as well, but I'd have to switch the manifold for MOT every other year, as I'm sadly not just allowed to fit a sports cat further down my exhaust system, since it has to be approved specifically for the car.

It's a manicat on the 8V.. Which means a new manifold. There's a couple different options on ebay, as well as the expensive one from SuperSprint.
I've been debating myself on this as well, but I'd have to switch the manifold for MOT every other year, as I'm sadly not just allowed to fit a sports cat further down my exhaust system, since it has to be approved specifically for the car.

I've got a decat manifold and some mot test stations are ok. Last time I had to put the standard manifold in the boot lol!

Back