General decals/stickers

Currently reading:
General decals/stickers

spanda

Anyone ever tried to get or make new decals for a panda 4x4

I'm after the big '4x4' sticker that goes on the doors and some stripes.

This image shows the ones I'm after also missing 'Val d'isere' and stripes
from one rear wing.

cheers

Attachments

• panda4x45qb.jpg
    panda4x45qb.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 33
It's highly unlikely that you would still be able to get decals like that from Fiat. Most car manufacturers have a policy of only making and supplying trim up to approx. 6 years after a model ceased production. However, there's no harm in asking as it's possible they have what you want on a dusty shelf somewhere.

The other option is to have some made up. If you can get the dimensions and maybe a traced copy, most vinyl cutters/ signwriters can have them made for you. You can pick and choose colours and the accuracy is very good as they use (I think) laser cutting equipment that is computer controlled. Give them the design and they'll be able to make it for you (y)

Anyone ever tried to get or make new decals for a panda 4x4?

I did get the Sisley stickers sorted and have passed the PDF to a few that have been after it. You'll get the best results by taking to the stckers shop and letting them do it.

It took me two attempts to get it right, the first time i tried with digital camera and then tracing that in Adobe Illustrator but the lens distortion made it 1 cm out when I placed a tracing ontop of the print-out. So i used thin paper and plotted the corners so i know they were the correct size and then measure that perfectly flat... all in all a lot of hassle.

yours look to be 2 colour also... and these will need to be printed onto a plain vinyl which is only available at the higher end of the signage shops.

Hope this helps.

Tony

It's highly unlikely that you would still be able to get decals like that from Fiat. Most car manufacturers have a policy of only making and supplying trim up to approx. 6 years after a model ceased production.

As I found out when I wanted a new parcel shelf for the 750L. Bloke on the parts desk said 'They stopped making them a long time ago now', so I pointed out that they only stopped producing them in 2003 in Italy. He soon shut-up!

Thanks for all the info, I think I will try to get them cut at a sign shop as the
one I need is only in satin black. Needs some stripes too but should be able
to find some over here.

Would love that PDF Tony!

Pretty tough getting parts for the old girl in general though, I have an old sports car. Its 1973 and I can get pretty much anything for it.

Cheers

I have a friend who runs his own sticker shop who could help you out if you're stuck. Called Sticker Monkey, sorry i'm not allowed to post links yet (his websites under construction anyway) so the phone number is +44 (0)131 229 8501

Actually I couldn't have a copy of your pdf? I might get him to make some stickers for me!:D

Back