Dashboard warning light - bulbs not working.

Currently reading:
Dashboard warning light - bulbs not working.

captainkent

The warning light for my lights came on a few days ago, and I figured out my drivers side taillight wasn't working.

I replaced this light, and not a few days later the new bulb broke. After I went to replace this light, I also noticed my brake lights also stopped working.

I've checked all the fuses, I checked the bulbs, everything seems fine. The only thing which I can think of is the brake switch, so I've ordered this and will try to replace this tomorrow.

I'm still lost as to why my brand new bulb blew? Anybody have an idea?

The warning light for my lights came on a few days ago, and I figured out my drivers side taillight wasn't working.

I replaced this light, and not a few days later the new bulb broke. After I went to replace this light, I also noticed my brake lights also stopped working.

I've checked all the fuses, I checked the bulbs, everything seems fine. The only thing which I can think of is the brake switch, so I've ordered this and will try to replace this tomorrow.

I'm still lost as to why my brand new bulb blew? Anybody have an idea?

Hi. Ive no idea what vehicle you have..
Apart from it having s resistance onitoring circuit.

Favourite would be poor connections to the lamp unit..
A poor earth or even a bad bulb.

For reference my 2004 pands has ALL of its original bulbs in situ.

Other models do have issues with corrosion to lamp unit trrminals.
Charlie Cardiff .Oxford

Last edited:
Apologies, I thought I was posting to the specific sub-forum!

My car is a 2001 Fiat Punto (mk2).

I checked the terminals, they seem to be fine. The other lights on the same connector seem to work, so I wouldn't have thought it would be an earthing problem. I placed the bulbs into different sockets to make sure the bulbs still work. And the sockets also seem fine.

Back