General Dashboard vent lifting?

Currently reading:
General Dashboard vent lifting?

Katherineemma1991

Please help me :(

I have a fiat grande punto 56 and I was driving and randomly my vent has lifted on the drivers side!! It will not push back down and seen as I go on holiday in 24 days I don't have the money(nor do I want to) to spend on it! I have been thinking of getting a new car for a while so this will happen next month after my holiday but in the mean time I need a quick fix to keep it down while I am driving! As I was reading previous threads about this I noticed someone mention about mileage flashing? Mine does this but I never thought it was any problem?

It's annoying me ;( help!!!

The vent it like a clip on peice onto the dash, it's not flush with the dash board, there is clips underneath but I can't see them and I dont fancy pulling it of completely! I am thinking the clips may have snapped, it's just happened randomly though :(

There is multiple theads on the vent lifting ,so a search should find them .I think fiat renewed them at one stage ,mine does it ,but you will notice it's only on warm days.Personally it doesn't bother me ,as neither does the occassional flashing milage ,which if i remember there is a software update that should fix it

The clips have snapped off. Go to your dealer order the new trim
£20 odd, remove old one including the broken clips and push in new one. 10 mins max.

Clips in and out

It's just annoying as when I drive it's making noises! I do have money It just as I said I go on holiday soon the next time I have money available is being saved! I wanted a quick fix solution as I wouldn't have been able to fix it till when I am home in sep and didn fancy listening to constant clicking when driving!

Thanks for all the replies guys :D

That didn't make sense sorry! Basically i am home September 10th but in the meantime just wanted a temporary solution until I can get it fixed!

Phil0254 I have read that the mileage flashing is something to do with proxy alignment? And if it doesn't get fixed can cause worse problems? Don't no how true this is

Back