Technical Dash board light comming on and off ( Cinquecento)

Currently reading:
Technical Dash board light comming on and off ( Cinquecento)

rnash2002

Hi went to look at a 1993 Cinquecento for the mrs,went for a test drive,all seemed well then a red dash light came on,its the top one on the left of the dash board,just wanted to know what this was,couldnt make out what the symbol was.

Are you familiar with cinqs at all? Have you had any in the past? reason i ask is some early 1993 cinqs had a different dash layout to others so finding out what the light is could take a while.

red light - could be handbrake, oil, battery?

rnash2002 said:
It looks like a long plug of some sort with a like spray comming out one end and a wire out the other.

Yea definately the injection warning light. It should come on for about 5 seconds then go off again when you first start the car...

If its on while driving, it indicates a problem - usually a faulty lambda sensor from what i remember.

thats the injection system warning light.

when did it come on, for how long, and did the car change at all (loose power/ stutter) when it did it ?

arc said:
thats the injection system warning light.

when did it come on, for how long, and did the car change at all (loose power/ stutter) when it did it ?
It came on while i was driving for about 30 secounds,didnt feel any different driving wise,then came on again about 5 minutes later for 30 secounds,again know change in driving performance,is this a easy fix?? seller told me the car has been sitting for 3 weeks aswell.

odd one..

you say you've not bought it yet? Ask the seller to have an ECU diagnostic done on it. When that light comes on, the ECU will log the reason why it is coming on. It can be a fault with pretty much any of the sensors. A diagnostic will read the error code from the ECU and should tell you why it is doing it.
Costs around £20 to do.

i have a 93 cinq. that sounds like the lambda sensor is goosed. they cost around 50 to 70 quid depending on where you go and itll probably be an arse to fit. you may end up needing an exhaust front pipe. (they threads strip out of the exhaust when removing the old one)

Back