Dangerous driving?

Currently reading:
Dangerous driving?

G

Gazz

****, just got a letter for speeding, 48 in 30, fing is i was trying to a void it so I went on the wrong side of the road and it still got me, I was in a rush, never had 1 b4, never really go over the limit anyway, obviously it dosnt exscuse what i did, but will i get royaly done over for being on the wrong side of the road?

U were overtaking the parked car just behind the camera and the other side of the road was clear. Just accept the points and fine. Cant see anything else happening

Oh Yea I forgot that big foreign lorry was there, thanks mate. any idea of fine and three? points?

I would consider myself lucky if I got 3 points and a fine. I would think it would be a bit steeper than that. No experience to back that up though.

Good luck Gazz. I hope they go easy on you.

Dan

You have 28 days to reply to a N.I.P. In the meantime, log on to pepipoo.com and seek expert advice there.

Was this done by a speed camera with white lines on the road? i know you were on the other side

Well if you were on the wrong side of the road you obviously saw the camera plenty in advance, and rather than slowing down, you tried to beat the system by going onto the wrong side of the road.

I for one am glad you were caught, you should be glad you havent been banned, and dont drive like such a **** from now on.

Jon

nice people her i see.

probably be the usual 3 points and £60 fine.

i doubt it my mate got a 6 month ban and had to resit his test for doing pretty much the same he was going 55 in a 40

forgot to add tried to dodge it by going on the wrong side of the road

Yes it was a static camera with the white lines on the road.

Then you SHOULD be fine. GATSO cameras can only record traffic in one lane at a time. I can't say for sure whether this means 1 lane or 1 side of the road but it would seem to be the former. Good luck anyway and don't do it again, although im sure you won't.
Here's the link
http://www.ukspeedcameras.co.uk/guide.htm#Gatso
Jet

If i could read lol,
"I got a letter", damnit, sorry to hear that, looks like my source is wrong.
Jet

I think you missed the point Jet. He has already got the ticket, and they will be able to ascertain his direction and position from the orientation of the camera. Whether they pick up on this is a different matter.

Rob

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"

So you say you were on the wrong side of the road to avoid a speed camera? Hello!??! Are you totally stupid? If the speed was 30mph it was probably in a built up area. What if another vehicle legitmately emerged from a side road or drive way onto their correct side of the road but into your path?

I think you are a menace and should be banned. You sound like you are serious danger to other road users. Not only excessively speeding in a 30 limit your driving is certainly reckless. Hope you get banned with a big fine. If not then why not. It's pratts like you that cause accidents.

I did miss the point Rob lol, until i re-read, i'll have to get my BOO renewel away so i can edit :s
Jet

I got done last year for 42 in a 30 (speeding up for the clearway sign i could see approx. 150yrds away). They parked thier van in a junction just infront of the sign (which was nice of them...lol)

They said if it was 43 (or 44), it would have been 6 points and the corresponding fine (£65?)...

Very silly thing to do though m8 :(

Daz

I know what I did was stupid, but to the person who went mad at me, I could see for miles and no car would have come out of anywhere, it was 7am on a sunday and no 1 was about, i saw it and whithout thinking checked my mirrors for any1 behind me and simply drifted off into the opposite lane (to intentionaly) avoid the camera, I assume It would not go off, I deserve everything I GET, But I really hope they dont take a good look at the pic and just send the fine, I wouldnt want to lie in court about dodging anything and my sister was also in the car, and I would not exspect her to lie for me. Honesty is the best policy.