General damp patches

Currently reading:
General damp patches

chrismiller78

hi all ,

just when i thought everything was sorted here comes yet another problem,jumped inti ma wee bravo tonight and as i stay in scotland it rains 90% of the week,i have noticed 2 damp patches on the ceiling top right and left of windscreen? this happened few months back and i put it down to the sunroof not been closed properly but now its back,i have been told it could be the drain pipes from the sunroof??? antone any ideas

i have a 2000 bravo 1.8 hlx

cheers chris

taking ur roof lining out, and blowing them, or getting an air blower and reach in from the top of the sunroof, or source the bottom of the pipes and clean them out

triedthe water jug into the sunroof lining and it drained away just fine and could see it coming out the under side of the car???so by that it obviously means its not blocked as i can see the water draining down the drain holes,? what else could it be ?

taking the sunroof out and sealing it all around with silicone. i tried that worked for a while but started leaking again, then did it again and it didnt stop the leak

hi all ,

just when i thought everything was sorted here comes yet another problem,jumped inti ma wee bravo tonight and as i stay in scotland it rains 90% of the week,i have noticed 2 damp patches on the ceiling top right and left of windscreen? this happened few months back and i put it down to the sunroof not been closed properly but now its back,i have been told it could be the drain pipes from the sunroof??? antone any ideas

i have a 2000 bravo 1.8 hlx

cheers chris

Drop the front half of the headlining,cover the seats etc... wth plastic sheet,inject builders foam from the b pillar all the way round to the b pillar the other side,then spay it with water(makes it go off quicker!) wait 3hrs cut off execess with a blade re-fit headlining,then post 24 cans of stella to Richie!!!
this will work,ive done loads of them!!
if you open the roof,look in side ...around roughly where the dain tube is(but above if u catch my drift!!) and u will c the gap! the cassette doesnt follow the underside of the roof,only raains in when parked on the ****,or heavy rain.

This will work and if u need more advise how 2 do it...pm me,but i do like stella:slayer:

Richie

iv done that aswell, it works but the water still have to go somewhere....

iv done that aswell, it works but the water still have to go somewhere....
Should work,just blow out ur drain tubes with an airline.
This came from an area manager (Fiat) i laughed when he said to do it,but after having a car in the worshop 4 3 weeks this did fix it and i couldd have kissed him:slayer:
Regards

Ricie

I have a Brava with leaking sunroof and live in Scotland too so plenty of rain. Dont have the time or weather to lower sunroof to repair just now so used a tip i found on the forum. Seal the sunroof with vaseline see the Good Old Vaseline thread. Three weeks now and still dry, come the spring i will clear out the vaseline and do the job properly.

Back