cylinder head

Currently reading:
cylinder head

K

kenny

got a bravo 1.4 1998 cylinder head just gone again on it this bein the third time this has happened.foxfield fiat in wigan, my dealer say that there is no liability to them even thouigh this is the third time that they have replaced it costing me this time £1600 has anyone else had problems with their cylinder head or do you know why it keeps goin when they have no idea. The oil pump was replaced both times HELP!!!!!!!

How do you mean 'gone'? What was the problem with the head?

Was it warped? Cracked? It's not very helpful if the garage just says 'it's gone'.

Head

Possibly caused by blocked water ways in the block which could be restricting coolant circulating to the head which warps it??
Doubt fiat would have cleaned it all out properly it at all. Take it somewhere else and explain the probs, smaller garages will probably do a more thorough job.

Re: Head

Firstly Kenny, good to see a fellow pie eater on the forum. Secondly, it may not be much help but...I never go to foxfield anymore. I have always had trouble with them. It may not help you now but in future you may be as well taking it to forward autos (fiat main dealer) in Jackson Street, St Helens. More than helpful and always seem to be cheaper than foxfield!