Technical cylinder head swop help

Currently reading:
Technical cylinder head swop help

sportingchinq72

hello is there anybody knows if a fiat panda head is the same as a chinq the panda is 1000 cc ohc :idea: apart from the chinq 1100 the engine a both fire engines

i dunno about anyone else's cinq but they do a OHV and OHC mine is the OHC but i dont think tey will fit one another wiring is sligtly different i think
plus the cinq is injection(spi)

shaun

I am almost certain that the basic heads are the same. The only difference is that the cinq has spi instead of a carb so the inlet manifold will be different. I have used a 75 block, 55 head and 75 cam and also quite a few other combinations of fire engine components.

from the 999 to the 1242 they should be similar enough to allow a swap if thats what ya intend to do.

The valve sizes of the 999, 1108 and 1242 SPI are the same. Problem with the 999 head is that you need to run the fuel pump of the head. The 1108 and 1242 are blocked off where the fuel pump plunger (right word?) is touching the cam.

Oldschool said:
The valve sizes of the 999, 1108 and 1242 SPI are the same. Problem with the 999 head is that you need to run the fuel pump of the head. The 1108 and 1242 are blocked off where the fuel pump plunger (right word?) is touching the cam.

nice one the panda is also spi at the moment reconing the head and get it skimmed and relap the valves cheers for you advice(y)

Back