Tuning Custom built induction kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Custom built induction kit

hey guys im a newbie to this site and as i can see it if he enjoyed making it and he thinks he got value for money thats all that counts right irrespective of power gains or and i quote sounds like a clapped out vac cleaner if he likes it that will do for me:D

Ah, I see. I thought the idea of an induction kit was to improve the performance of the vehicle.

Its why I have spent a ot of time and effort moving mine.

Silly me.

At least all my mods are declared to my insurance company.

Cheers

SPD

im sorry clxCRAIG but to me your opinion means nothing im looking for oppinionsoff genuine fiat owners ones that will help me im sure everyone that makes their own induction kit messes up some time im just using trial and error and learning form my mistakes
its up to you what you think but please keep your opinion to yourself im looking for advise not critasim from someone who doesnt know me
thanks

Ha, so im not a geniune fiat owner....

grow up and start being responsible by declaring your mods. you'll have bigger problems than me not likeing you if you get a tug.

im sorry if i offended you i didnt mean to put it in those words i just meant if you havnt got the money to buy a more expensive kit,

if this kit works after being tested then it does go to show you can make a decent kit on a tight budget i say "HOPEFULL" as it could be a complete bum of a induction kit if so ill have to save up for a better one

Accepted.

without being harsh, if ur goin to bodge an induction kit together at least dont bodge your insurance

Thanks for the replies and advice
im going to contact my insurance provider first thing monday morning and see what they say ill keep everyone informed and in the future ill inquire before installing any mods

Regarding power gain im taking my cento to my friends garage today to get it on a rolling road with the standard arbox on and with my kit on if there are power gains i wil be happy if not ll keep trying out new ideas.

Ok went to the garage yesterday to have the power tested, the rolling road showed i was giving out 53bhp with the standarad airbox and when the kit was installed i had a powergain of 3 bhp my emissions whent down and mpg whent up by 5

ill show a picture of the read out later whenits uploaded
Opinions?

so its 1bhp down on standard so its running at 56bhp so a gain of 2bhp. Sounds about right if there are no other mods

Think the mpg going up 5 is a load of crap as you wont have put it on the rollers brimmed standard, ran it empty then done the same modded, so thats impossible to calculate and it is guesswork IMO

Last edited:
thats what i thought he just had a random guess so the fuigures are irrelavent for the mpg

there are no other mods on the car as of yet no

thats what i thought he just had a random guess so the fuigures are irrelavent for the mpg

had a random guess :confused:

What sort of garage you take it to? Proper rolling road places 'dont guess'

I suggest taking it to someone who has got a clue what they are doing

Ok went to the garage yesterday to have the power tested, the rolling road showed i was giving out 53bhp with the standarad airbox and when the kit was installed i had a powergain of 3 bhp my emissions whent down and mpg whent up by 5

ill show a picture of the read out later whenits uploaded
Opinions?

Was this tested both with new filters?

yes i had to have a new airbox fitted to my cento for it to pass the MOT it was all cracked and perished so there was one in thatonly about 2 or 3 weeks old and my k&n filter is brand new

thats a nice little result for the money! I suppose it all hinges on how good the design of the original intake system is, if its poor to start with a gain will be easier to achieve.

Back