Technical CTM (Convergence Telematic Node) failure, ODO flashing

Currently reading:
Technical CTM (Convergence Telematic Node) failure, ODO flashing

WitleyPanda

CTM (Convergence Telematic Node) failure, ODO flashing. MultiScan could not connecter, would not align either. So mined under RHD ( 2012 4x4) drivers seat, plastic shroud removed and then the black box with blue connector.

SO where is the recommended person/place to send/take for a repair to this module ?

Regards Peter

Failed Blue&Me units generally won't power down and folks report rapid battery draining.

As soon as you are able, physically unplug the connector from the Blue&Me module and redo the proxi alignment procedure. This should stop the warnings and, more importantly, stop the module from draining your battery.

Blue&Me functionality is pretty limited by modern standards. I'd also give consideration to not having it repaired, and putting the cost of the repair toward a better head unit.

Failed Blue&Me units generally won't power down and folks report rapid battery draining.

As soon as you are able, physically unplug the connector from the Blue&Me module and redo the proxi alignment procedure. This should stop the warnings and, more importantly, stop the module from draining your battery.

Blue&Me functionality is pretty limited by modern standards. I'd also give consideration to not having it repaired, and putting the cost of the repair toward a better head unit.
Please explain further: Unit Powers down, no battery drain, so that not currently an issue, Blue&Me still works. Only seem to be suffering the flashing mileage.
Why redo the alignment? other than clear the flashing? Assume this will tell the system not to look for it as not there, rather than when it was plugged in that it non contactable/faulty. ( Suspect it a CAN comms issue rather than a onboard continuous power drain.)

Edit# Having read several more posts, now understand and will report back if with unplugged and alignment redone, that no flashing. Is it worth then reconnecting CTM and seeing if comms issue clears?

(I could probably live without it, rather than up grade, but then not the main driver.) Any suggestions on a new/better head unit?

Thanks in Advance, just trying to understand exactly what this does.

Last edited:
SO where is the recommended person/place to send/take for a repair to this module

I read this as meaning that you had already determined that your Blue&Me unit was faulty.

You need to verify this before doing anything else.

If Blue&Me is working and there are no other issues, then MES should be able to clear the flashing mileage permanently.

If MES clears the flashing mileage with the Blue&Me physically unplugged, but the flashing mileage comes back when B&M is reconnected, then it's likely that the B&M unit is faulty. Note that you have to physically disconnect the module; just turning it off in MES isn't sufficient.

If you physically disconnect the B&M unit and MES still can't permanently clear the flashing mileage, then you have some other problem.

I read this as meaning that you had already determined that your Blue&Me unit was faulty.

You need to verify this before doing anything else.

If Blue&Me is working and there are no other issues, then MES should be able to clear the flashing mileage permanently.

If MES clears the flashing mileage with the Blue&Me physically unplugged, but the flashing mileage comes back when B&M is reconnected, then it's likely that the B&M unit is faulty. Note that you have to physically disconnect the module; just turning it off in MES isn't sufficient.

If you physically disconnect the B&M unit and MES still can't permanently clear the flashing mileage, then you have some other problem.
Full understand this and the logic behind it, thanks. Just checking that I am aligned, in case I have/had misunderstood. Will connect up the MES and have another session before I part with hard cash, in any case. Thanks

I used one of these repairs on eBay it costed £95 it only took three days from when I sent it to I got it back the only thing was it’s not plug and play it will need aproxy alignment when you refit it

I used one of these repairs on eBay it costed £95 it only took three days from when I sent it to I got it back the only thing was it’s not plug and play it will need aproxy alignment when you refit it

Mine was fine as it is the original factory fitted B&M module, I just plugged it in and the milage stopped flashing straight away, been fine ever since, I do have a yellow warning triangle but that's because the rear parking sensors are faulty/no longer working.

Back