Tuning CSC Manifold 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Tuning CSC Manifold 1.2 8v

Supersprint do a manifold for the 75 which fits (I used to run one).

They both de-cat the car, so you need to have a sports cat welded up post-manifold.

Expect it to be ~£300 for a sports cat inc fitting.

Did you notice a large improvement once you had this done? How much BHP did you gain?

A lot of money! roughly i figure out that it would cost me just under a grand for the lot working all the way back to the backbox.

£1000 is about right for the whole system. It's not worth the money on that engine IME

There was a second hand supersprint for sale on here, slightly cracked but re-welded, for £55 yesterday.

Worth noting the supersprint isn't stainless steel. Voila:

IMG_3890Small.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

Mine made 84bhp at Red Dot, Peter says the setup wasn't ideal which I will accept, but I still expected more from:

- GSR 290 degree cam
- GSR ported and flowed head with raised compression
- GSR 3 angle valve cut
- GSR 40mm throttle body
- GSR 3.7kg race flywheel
- GSR induction (F9i)
- Supersprint manifold, centre section and backbox
- 200 cell sports cat
- NGK iridium sparks
- 10mm quad core HT leads

Next owner had more mapping and saw 87bhp at Red Dot. I had it rolling roaded locally and it made 72bhp:

IMG_3686Medium.jpg

I am in no way having a go at Peter, or GSR. If the mods were done 100% correctly then I'm sure it would have made more power, but I'm not sure how much. Previous owner of the engine did mods which were out of my control and Peter suggested that they weren't ideal.

Last edited:
I see:confused:

That is alot of work you had done on it that is where I was originally heading but for all that to see it to 84 BHP is not worth it in my opinion.

I had mine Dyno ran on sat completely standard and it produced 69 BHP which shocked me as it's ment to be 60 standard. I then had the GSR Induction Kit and noticed alot more difference in the car immediately. I didn't have time to stay to have it re-ran again to see the increase though.

What do you think mine could go up to with cams, re-map and backbox?

I was wanting to atleast try and get to around 90 BHP but if thats all you seen from the mods you listed it's looking a bit optimistic.

What % losses were given on the 69bhp run? This will massively effect the figures given.

You're best off speaking to Peter about it, as 90bhp is probably possible if everything is done 100% correctly. I know the bits I did were done correctly, and the work GSR did was fine, but putting them together may have been the limiting factor. Although, the power figure I was led to expect was meant to be 100-110 bhp after the mapping sessions.

You only have 1 cam, not two.

Back