Technical Croma front bumper removal

Currently reading:
Technical Croma front bumper removal

Jim Gibson

My newly bought 2006 Croma decided to go "off piste" in the snow we had last week. The front bumper was damaged but, I think, repairable. Are there any tips out there for removing this item? Thanks

Hi,
Never done this, but it's covered in the eLearn service manual. You can get eLearn from the download section of the forum.
Does not look difficult, but a fair amount of work. According to eLearn you need to remove the cross beam cover, grille, both wheelarch liners and undertray.The covers and liners have plastic rivets that are expanded by a pin in the middle. You push the pin trough and then pull the rivet out. One some the pin will disappear into a chassis cavity are are a pain to recover. They are cheap so it's worth buing new ones in advance. I've bought some that are intended for Volvos, ebay item 281623532839 that have a moulded center pin that does not drop out the other side.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI
Croma 1.9 16V Eleganza.

Hi,
Never done this, but it's covered in the eLearn service manual. You can get eLearn from the download section of the forum.
Does not look difficult, but a fair amount of work. According to eLearn you need to remove the cross beam cover, grille, both wheelarch liners and undertray.The covers and liners have plastic rivets that are expanded by a pin in the middle. You push the pin trough and then pull the rivet out. One some the pin will disappear into a chassis cavity are are a pain to recover. They are cheap so it's worth buing new ones in advance. I've bought some that are intended for Volvos, ebay item 281623532839 that have a moulded center pin that does not drop out the other side.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI
Croma 1.9 16V Eleganza.

I did it some years ago and yes, the corvers are the worst step.
Laborious but not difficult. I suggest to buy some of the rivets in advance.
I didn't but fortunately I replaced the pins with some wall rivets I had at home...

Last edited:
you can get away with just removing edge screws for wheel arch liner no need to fully remove them or wheels

DSCF1805.JPG

you can get away with just removing edge screws for wheel arch liner no need to fully remove them or wheels

View attachment 163206

Probably you are right and I did the same.
Some years are passed and I don't remember well...but now if I think about that...I think i had not removed the wheels and so the curves... to remove the bumper.
I certainly removed them for other works (eg. alternator, ditribution etc.)

I found this photo of my car taken on 24/11/2012

24112012.jpg

I don't remember well as said....but maybe I removed right wheel only and after I found that it would not been necessary...so I didn't removed the left one...

Back