Creating own tailights :)

Currently reading:
Creating own tailights :)

imported_abyss113

Established member
well since the lack off options on the corolla decided to start making my own :D

copied from TOC and im about halfway done on the first light

well after a search and finding not a lot but 3 options of tail lights i could get i decided to fabricate myself some :D

bought a cheap set of lex-***** lights on the bay and have now seperated and stripped them of contents :D

but ill give a sneak preview of what im considering for them but nothing is 100% yet :D

after a quick stint in the oven this happens :D

IMAG0133.jpg

then all the leds i needed had arrived and played about with some ideas :D

this for tail lights

IMAG0137.jpg

i should be doing this over the next couple of weeks and hopefully get some sort of finished product by the end of next month :D

had a little play yesterday with some spare time and i think i have a a light setup i like but still trying ideas :D

since last update i have given the lenses a quick tint coat still to even up and laquer yet but its about the correct darkness i want

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

then set up the lights the way im thinking off going

these will be normal running lights e.g. sidelights, main beam etc

IMAG0149.jpg

what im wanting to do with the is when i press brakes the circles fully illuminate into bir red dots :)

the reverse light i have is a giant circle basically :)

IMAG0150.jpg

still need to figure out foglight as mot rules state 10cm from a brake light although i could just plunk an import type foglight at the bumper :D would rather not though :D

and went out yesterday with the dog :)
he does love the rolla :D mmate got a photo fron the back :D

IMAG0144.jpg

Back