General Creaking noise

Currently reading:
General Creaking noise

Erbl

Hi. Anyone know what the creaking noise is when I turn steering wheel. I've sprayed lube bottom of drive shaft. Power steering levels are good. Still noisy. Tried to upload vid but can't.

Hi. Anyone know what the creaking noise is when I turn steering wheel. I've sprayed lube bottom of drive shaft. Power steering levels are good. Still noisy. Tried to upload vid but can't.
Without hearing it bit hard to diagnose. Are you sure which direction noise is coming from, inside car around steering mountings etc. under bonnet loose or worn fan belt, also have you checked the top strut mountings on front suspension , common issue, most noticed at low speeds parking etc. as the bearings seize and the strut tries to turn with the spring rather than the bearing mount.

Without hearing it bit hard to diagnose. Are you sure which direction noise is coming from, inside car around steering mountings etc. under bonnet loose or worn fan belt, also have you checked the top strut mountings on front suspension , common issue, most noticed at low speeds parking etc. as the bearings seize and the strut tries to turn with the spring rather than the bearing mount.

Garage said it's the front top strut mount

Back