Technical Crap Exhausts

Currently reading:
Technical Crap Exhausts

I know it's been mentioned on here, but this is what is going to happen to your Fiat 500 exhaust....

This is on my '58 plate 1.2 Lounge with 37k on the clock. :mad::eek:

My wife drives a Fiat Doblo '54 plate with nearly 90k on the clock and the exhaust is still immaculate. Really really shocking.

Trying to locate a replacement. Would like a Stainless Steel replacement but don't want a 'boy racer' type or make it look more important than the car (if you get my drift). Just want an exhaust that is not going to fall apart again.

Attachments

• IMAG0289.jpg
    IMAG0289.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 43
It doesn't help that the UK spill millions of tonnes of salt onto the roads in winter. This is going to happen.
Anyway its just the outer skin that is coming off. The exhaust should still be sound.

It's the bit around the back that's the problem. Where the pipe connects to it. That rusts around the edges and it starts blowing. As I've discovered this week, the hideous manicat and downpipe also do this. My second lambda rusted around the weld and popped off. When I put the supersprint on in a few weeks I'll take pics of the mess.

Am i right in thinking the TwinAir doesn't have a big backbox like that in the photo?

Parents TwinAir should be arriving shortly & after owning a 10 year old Renault Laguna that's only needed servicing & a few bulbs, i don't think a new exhaust every 3 years is gonna go down very well.

Back