Technical Crap brakes

Currently reading:
Technical Crap brakes

DaveP

OK this is a touchy subject for me, since being forced into Autos by having to share the car with someone who doesnt have a manual licenses Ive got through three front disc pairs in 36,000 miles, the last lot not having worn but warped.

Anyone else noticed that the Mareas brakes are under spec for the weight of the car?

Would ventilated discs be any help?

Front discs are vented on most Marea's. I am just in the process of buying some Black Diamond Combi drilled and grooved. £148 from need for speed.MSW are doing a discount if you buy predator pads at the same time. £158 + £47 for pads.

I got quoted £170 from Halfrauds for standard discs so its a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

my brakes seem to be great, is a manual diesel though, jst as i was coming up 2 a junction, hehehe, jst hit the speed bumps at about 95mph, had bout 100yards left 2 da junction, didn't know they made brakes as good as that, do now, haha,

brake pads do wear out quick on all autos due to lack of engine brake, you are lucky to get 6000 out of a set of pads, dont know why the disk would need replacing so often though, are you fitting fiat or after market? after market brake stuff does seem to be better than the ones fiat use. are the disks getting worn because the pads are not being replaced in time?

... looking at your prices, I'm more then happy to live in Slovenia. Here Brembo ventilated disks (pair) cost only around £60 :) (Don't know how much pads costed)

I have them for about 6000miles and there is almost no wear. And they brake like hell.

Back